August 2011 Moms

Crazy ideas

Evans grandma is old, but she's still sort of with it. Well, I thought she was, until she came up with and talks about this idea all of the time.

Evan has a cousin who is 7, plus there are the great grand kids ages 6, 4, 4, almost 2, and almost born. My due date is August 12 and the 7 year old cousin is in town with her parents on August 1018. She wants to do professional pictures of all the children in their apartment while 7 year old is in town.

Ummmm... Well, for one, the baby might not be born yet. For two, if I have a baby that's only a few days old, I'm most likely going to be sitting at home with said baby stuck to my bewb.

I actually had a nightmare that I had a new newborn and everyone was passing it around giving the baby a bottle. I was crying about my breast milk supply. And there was a photographer there taking pictures.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Crazy ideas

• Oh god. Just....no. Lol. That does not sound like a fun time with a brand new baby!

My sister's HS grad party is next weekend, and the baby won't quite yet be 2 wks old. The only way I'm going is if I can get the hang of wearing her in our new mei tai, so we can easily enforce a no touching policy. I'm already having anxiety about the whole idea.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagemelissa0726:
    Oh god. Just....no. Lol. That does not sound like a fun time with a brand new baby!

My sister's HS grad party is next weekend, and the baby won't quite yet be 2 wks old. The only way I'm going is if I can get the hang of wearing her in our new mei tai, so we can easily enforce a no touching policy. I'm already having anxiety about the whole idea.

It IS funny! She's so far removed from having a newborn. We will probably end up doing pictures of the kids minus the newborn.
  • Loading the player...
  • That would be a disaster...
  • I think this is an awesome idea. You could get great newborn pics and pics of just your kids as well. Grandma would be paying for the sitting fee, so you would just need to order pics. I did newborn family pics with DS and I wish I had done them with DD. They are so precious.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I also think it's a great idea. How often are all the kids together for a photo like that. Nina was a pretty good newborn. It would have been pretty easy to have photos done in between nursing.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageJelliebean1982:
    I think this is an awesome idea. You could get great newborn pics and pics of just your kids as well. Grandma would be paying for the sitting fee, so you would just need to order pics. I did newborn family pics with DS and I wish I had done them with DD. They are so precious.

This is a positive way to put it. But, I have a low supply of breast milk and need to be constantly nursing for the first two weeks. Leaving the house at all during that time will hurt my supply. I'm lucky to get to breast feed at all. Plus, his grandmother is offended by nursing and will give the baby a bottle without even thinking twice.

It really is important to me to establish a good supply. It takes a lot of work in the beginning.
  • imageRachey1082:
    But, I have a low supply of breast milk and need to be constantly nursing for the first two weeks. Leaving the house at all during that time will hurt my supply. I'm lucky to get to breast feed at all. Plus, his grandmother is offended by nursing and will give the baby a bottle without even thinking twice. It really is important to me to establish a good supply. It takes a lot of work in the beginning.

I hope you have an easier time BFing this time around. I don't know about you, but for me, my supply went up with each kid. With DD1, I had issues for months (up until I discovered Dom Peridone). This time around, I have milk coming out of my ears (well, not really, but YKWIM).

In any event, is there any way you can go, bring the baby, and then decide whether you want to even attempt to get him/her in a few pictures?

Oh and WTF grandma? Since when is feeding a baby offensive? Psshhhh! 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageMonsieur_et_Madame_Ha:

imageRachey1082:
    But, I have a low supply of breast milk and need to be constantly nursing for the first two weeks. Leaving the house at all during that time will hurt my supply. I'm lucky to get to breast feed at all. Plus, his grandmother is offended by nursing and will give the baby a bottle without even thinking twice.

It really is important to me to establish a good supply. It takes a lot of work in the beginning.

I hope you have an easier time BFing this time around. I don't know about you, but for me, my supply went up with each kid. With DD1, I had issues for months (up until I discovered Dom Peridone). This time around, I have milk coming out of my ears (well, not really, but YKWIM).

In any event, is there any way you can go, bring the baby, and then decide whether you want to even attempt to get him/her in a few pictures?

Oh and WTF grandma? Since when is feeding a baby offensive? Psshhhh! 

My supply should go up. With Liam I just had drops, Jack it varried from 30 to 50 percent of his needs. I'm hoping to provide most of this baby's needs. I might have a full supply since its my third. Say a little prayer for us!!
  • imageJelliebean1982:
    I think this is an awesome idea. You could get great newborn pics and pics of just your kids as well. Grandma would be paying for the sitting fee, so you would just need to order pics. I did newborn family pics with DS and I wish I had done them with DD. They are so precious.

this is kind of where I am.  I've found dd2 to be pretty darn portable and nip is already way easier this time.

We're doing NB and family pics Friday so I'm glad to hear I won't regret them. I just hope I can find something that fits! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"