March 2013 Moms
Options

first time un controllable cry

Yesterday late afternoon we had our first uncontrollabe cry. LO was a little cranky during feeding time but nursed normally. Afterwards she was zoning out watching out the window while sitting on my lap. Dad was watching tv so there was already noise in the room but I had a very quick um suspecting small burp that made her jump startled out of her zone. That led to an hour of scream crying! Nothing seemed to help not nursing, bottle walking. All of whichwiped her out. After a little time of fusing off and on for about 30 minutes she crashed asleep almost 2 full hours before her normal bed time.

Now I sit up with her I'm the middle of night three hours before she would normally get up. I really hope this doesn't mess up her normal sleep pattern 830 pm 6am
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: first time un controllable cry

• Options
    We too just had our first uncontrollable crying episode Friday night while visiting my parents.  Our LO thrives on routine and I think this threw her way off and it was also past her normal bedtime.  It was a meltdown for the history books and it was quite heartbreaking and humbling all at the same time.  I thought by now I had a pretty good handle on how to read and calm her...wrong.  She was plain old pissed off!  It took probably 45 minutes(but it felt like hours) for her to exhaust herself because neither my hubby nor I could not calm her down.  I too was nervous about how the following night would go but it went smooth because we returned her to the nightly routine.  I feel your pain and hope this doesn't become a re-occurring issue!        
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"