Natural Birth

Anyone Have Rib Issues?

I went to the ER yesterday because my rib was hurting so bad I couldn't breath/move normally and even opening doors was painful.  Not to mention every single pot hole H hit on the way to the hospital!  Anyway, the doctor said my rib is most likely dislocated, though it could also be fractured.  Thanks, baby.  Anyway, he said that more than likely I will have this pain until after the baby is born.  Because a fracture will take about 6 weeks to heal and a dislocation can't be fixed until the baby isn't there pushing up on it anymore.  Fun fun fun!

I am still planning to go natural.  In fact, Tylenol and an ice pack have been working wonders for helping me sleep and function somewhat normall during the day, although bending over rotating my torso will be out until the end.  I was just wondering if any BTDT moms had luck going natural for their labors with an injury like this?  The OB who treated me at the ER (who is not my doctor) basically said "it'll hurt a lot when you push and if it's fractured might break a little worse, but with an epi you probably won't feel it anyway".  I didn't feel like getting into the "won't have an epi" conversation.   I think I can handle the pain, I'm just wondering if you have any words of advice!

And ladies, watch those little feet!  They may seem small and cute but they can pack a punch!

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

Re: Anyone Have Rib Issues?

• imagecasey78:
    Just realized I assumed your rib pain is in the back like mine...sorry if not relevant. 

It's OK!  Sadly it's in the front and the doctor said there was really nothing we could do.  I thought about a chiropractor right away but where I'm living now there aren't any!  I looked and the nearest one I could go to with my insurance is 45 minutes away!!  And not open on weekends so with my work schedule I can't fit it in.  :(

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• My ribs hurt like heck too. No fractures but oh man, they hurt. I ended up getting an epi last time because I needed to be induced, so I'm afraid I don't have insight into pushing+rib problems. :( Although I will say the pain gets better once the baby drops. 

Also I apparently broke my mom's rib, but she didn't go med free when she delivered me. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Ouch! Sounds like you have are growing an athlete in there. I don't have any experience with that, but good luck!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"