April 2013 Moms
Options

Ear wax

DS Has a ton of that yellowy brown ear wax fluid oozing out of his ear. Do I clean this somehow or just let it come out in its own? Is this a concern at all as far as hearing goes?
TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary

Re: Ear wax

• Options
    Probably a big no no but I took a q tip and gently wiped the wax I could get to without inserting the the ear. I've also heard to just wipe the ear out with a wet cloth
  • Options
    I wiped out the wax I could with a qtip also. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I asked my doc about how to clean his ears at his last appt.  She said to just use the baby safety qtips and gently clean them out once or twice a week.

"A man walking backwards does not see what lies ahead, only what he is leaving behind."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1-7/22/12 EDD: 4/8/13 It's a Boy!! Born 3/30/13
    BFP #2 2/3/14 EDD: 10/15/14 - My Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imagewiggles527:
    I asked my doc about how to clean his ears at his last appt.nbsp; She said to just use the baby safety qtips and gently clean them out once or twice a week.

DS moves his head too much, I'd be scared to do it
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

imageRussianMommy:
    imagewiggles527:
    I asked my doc about how to clean his ears at his last appt.nbsp; She said to just use the baby safety qtips and gently clean them out once or twice a week.
    DS moves his head too much, I'd be scared to do it

That's why you use the baby safety ones.  They have a small tip and then a larger bulb so you can't shove it in there if he moves his head.  Of course, you still need to be careful but it's a lot safer than the regular qtips.

Here's the difference (baby one on the right):

"A man walking backwards does not see what lies ahead, only what he is leaving behind."

• Options
    Oh interesting, thanks!
  • Options

imageRussianMommy:
    Oh interesting, thanks!

Sure thing.  I still get worried about poking his brain though everytime I do it :)

• Options
    I clean them when DS is good and asleep or feeding.
  • Options

imageTexasAggie06:
    I clean them when DS is good and asleep or feeding.

This. Usually feeding 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"