Single Parents

I fell like a single parent post

so remember how we were all posting the annoying things people say. Well on my BMB someone just posted a post : anyone else feel like a single parent?

I totally felt my blood boil... um no, you don't what it's like to be single and pregnant until you are single and pregnant!!!

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/74882711.aspx 

Re: I fell like a single parent post

• I have to be honest.  After looking at all her little doohickeys in her siggy I feel bad for her.  A 10 month old at home, in 2nd tri, with a DH who is not around and probably expects Suzy Homemaker from his SAHW?  Or she might be a little dramatic. You would know her better since that's your BMB.

I have to admit it is extremely freeing not to have to consider the needs of another adult human during my day to day life.  I am trying to imagine what it would feel like (since I am essentially a SAHM for another 3 weeks) if right now I had a DH who didn't help with the kids but showed up at nights wanting dinner or expecting sex or a clean house or whatever.  Yeah, I'd be b!tchy about it, too.  Makes me feel good about my life actually.

Most people don't realize how good they've got it, though.  I doubt her DH holds her chained to the house.  She could probably still go get a haircut on the weekend which is my dream right now as it's been almost 6 months since I've had time and my hair is...there are no words.

So I will take your side...grrr Angry whatever your screen name was!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • "single parent" isn't the appropriate term, but I do feel kinda bad for her. It's pretty sucky that her H is working 12+ hour days with a 2 hour commute and isn't really there for her. I can't imagine playing the 2u2 game with an unsupportive spouse. Eff that.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree it sucks. Some of the other posts just got me itching too. I imagine it does suck to think you have someone that will help you and doesn't. But I agree she problebly can leave for a haircut, and has someone making money so she can see her kids. Tough situation, but still gives me a strange feeling to have her compare herself to a single mom.

• imagebabymama619:

so remember how we were all posting the annoying things people say. Well on my BMB someone just posted a post : anyone else feel like a single parent?

I totally felt my blood boil... um no, you don't what it's like to be single and pregnant until you are single and pregnant!!!

I agree. you don't know what it's like until you go through it!!!! and i hate people that post stuff like "i'm going to be a single parent for three days" b/c their husbands go out of town for a weekend, sorry, that does NOT count 

Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• imageinthelost:
    imagebabymama619:

I agree. you don't know what it's like until you go through it!!!! and i hate people that post stuff like "i'm going to be a single parent for three days" b/c their husbands go out of town for a weekend, sorry, that does NOT count 

I'm the same way!! I'm in the Sept 2013 group and I see this every so often. And gosh forbid you say you're a single parent - all those women will make their snarky little comments about your life as if they know everything about it!!  

• imageNichollini:
    imageinthelost:
    imagebabymama619:

I'm the same way!! I'm in the Sept 2013 group and I see this every so often. And gosh forbid you say you're a single parent - all those women will make their snarky little comments about your life as if they know everything about it!!  

I'm in September 2013 board as well, that's what I was refering to actually, a post in that board! 

Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"