Homeschooling

Helpshapes

I need to find a list of shapes that a Kindergartener or first grader would need to know. My son is not homeschooled and I am pretty annoyed that he did not get the highest score on a few things on his report card because I was not at all aware there was anything in Kindrrgarten he did not know by now and he left preschool knowing an insane list of 2D and 3D shapes so now I am trying to figure them out to test him and assuming he forgot some I will retract them.
Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08

Re: Helpshapes

• Circle, Square, Rectangle, Triangle, Oval, Heart, Star, Diamond, Octagon, Pentagon - that's all I worry about with my kids at that age

Was it the shapes that he didn't score well on?  Perhaps it wasn't so much recognition of the shapes that he had troubles with.  Was it drawing them?  Pointing out the angles or sides/knowing how many of each the shapes have?  Those types of things are covered in my K curriculum too.

• imageadamwife:
    Circle, Square, Rectangle, Triangle, Oval, Heart, Star, Diamond, Octagon, Pentagon that's all I worry about with my kids at that ageWas it the shapes that he didn't score well on?nbsp; Perhaps it wasn't so much recognition of the shapes that he had troubles with.nbsp; Was it drawing them?nbsp; Pointing out the angles or sides/knowing how many of each the shapes have?nbsp; Those types of things are covered in my K curriculum too.

Honestly I am not sure and of course the teachers are gone for the summer. I know it said 2D and 3D so it was likely some of the 3D ones because I showed him something shaped like a ball and something shaped like a cylinder and he said sphere and could not remember cylinder. Like I said he learned these and so many more at Montessori preschool and they barely went over them this year so he forgot some. And honestly I did not even think of those as part of Kindergarten so I have not reviewed them at all.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"