August 2012 Moms
Options

spruce

Have you met up with that girl in your area yet?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: spruce

• Options

Yes!

We decided to meet at 10 am. She is in the next town over (about a 45 min walk ). I woke up with a really bad cold sore (my whole face was puffy) so I was thinking oh great now she will think I am diseased or something and ugly. DH forgot about my arrangements and left that morning completely forgetting that he agreed to drive me so I wouldn't be tired and sweaty when I arrived.

So I ended up walking. I had to walk fast so I would make it on time. It had rained the night before and the coastal trail has sections that are quite overgrown, so I got soaked from plants. I was hit hard by a stinging nettle and so my arm swelled up. I had to cross a cow field and got some muck on my jeans. At the end of the trail at the next town it is a big beach. So my soaked jeans grasped half the beach and brought it with me.

So I show up looking like I jumped in a pool then rolled in the sand with a swollen face and arm smelling of cow muck. Sweaty which makes my hair frizz like lion who stuck its paw in a socket.

When I got there it really didn't matter to her, I offered to roll up my jeans as far as they would go to prevent sand from getting all over but she didn't care. When I took off my shoe and a puddle poured out, she just laughed. She turned out to be very nice and quite fun.

The babies had a great time playing and we had a lot of fun chatting.  We are going to do it again in the next couple weeks!

I was ticked off at DH for forgetting me but he felt so terrible he rushed home to try to make it up to me by doing all kinds of housework so I never mentioned I was annoyed, it was clear he felt bad. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • Options
    Ha Ha!! That is quite the story!  I'm proud of you my friend!  I'm glad it all worked out.  Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"