Food & Nutrition
Options

Powder formula in recipes...

On the labels for powdered formulas it usually says once it's mixed to use right away or discard.  My son isn't ready for cow's milk yet....so I'm assuming I can't use it in foods that I would feel him in which I'd usually use milk.  I know certain baby-safe recipes say you can substitute formula, but is that ok to refrigerate and eat later?  OR another question maybe I should ask is would an 8 month old be ok having cow's milk if it's mixed with foods or not at all?

Example: last night I made my 8 month old some yummy mashed taters using formula as a substitute for milk.  There was some left over and I popped it in the fridge thinking he can have it tonight for dinner again.  Or can he??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Powder formula in recipes...

• Options

I have no idea re: using formula as a substitute for milk, TBH I've not heard of anyone doing that.

However, babies can have milk in things, so in mashed potatoes or oatmeal. Just not straight as beverage and especially not in lieu of formula in their bottle. That's what's meant by no milk before 12m. 

imageimage
  • Options
    perfect, thank you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"