Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

My story.

So I found out I was pregnant at the end of April.  I was pretty nervous, but honestly, not as much as I probably should have been, I guess.  It had been several years since I had been pregnant (almost 7), and I'm much healthier now than I was previously.  I had an ultrasound at 8 weeks and everything looked really good with a strong heartbeat.  Baby was measuring about 5-7 days small, but I'm a small person (4'11") so that's to be expected. 

I went in today (would have been 11 wks 1 day) and the nurse couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler.  So the doctor tried and couldn't find it.  So I got an ultrasound.  There was no heartbeat, but baby was measuring 10wks 2 days.  So development  likely stopped VERY recently. 

There were also deformities visible.  There was an exterior pouch protruding from the neck with what should have been the spine (or something thereabouts, I can't remember the exact wording) and also a thick layer of fluid under the skin that should not have been there.  So even if the heart hadn't stopped beating, it was likely not going to last much longer.  

I had been through 3 natural miscarriages (around 8-9 wks) and one stillborn delivery (at 27 wks).  So when my doctor offered to squeeze me in for a d&c just hours after my appointment, I jumped on it.  I left his office at 12:30 and was back at the hospital at 1:15 for my surgery.  It all happened very fast, but I'm really glad I chose to go with the d&c and not wait it out.  Granted, it was a simple choice for me because there was no question as to viability.  It was more a question of to wait or not.  

Because this is loss #5, and it lasted long enough to see what went wrong (the first 3 no one knew cause and the 4th was because of a medical condition that I used to have) my doctor is sending it off for genetic testing and we should have the results in 3-4 weeks.

My husband and I aren't sure if we're going to TTC again or just opt for adoption.  It will, of course, depend largely on the test results.  But from the beginning the plan was to have one if possible, and adopt a 2nd (and/or 1st if me carrying to term wasn't going to be possible).

So that's where we are now.  

Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.

Re: My story.

• Options
    I'm very sorry for your losses. Sending thoughts and prayers your way. I hope you'll find this board to be a source of comfort and support. 
  • Options
    Thanks.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    BRBR member
    I am so sorry for your losses and the long road you've been on while TTC.  That is a horrible thing to go through so many times.  Hugs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for all of your losses. I wish you all the best in your journey of TTC or adoption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

I'm so sorry you've gone though so many heart breaks! Sending hugs and positive thoughts your way!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"