October 2011 Moms
Options

giant baby brewing

Just had another growth us and they estimated that she weighs 7lb7oz already. Her head was average size though so vbac is still a go. Her belly was in the 95th percentile! Couldn't see her face cause she's so low in my pelvis already.
Dr. said hold out until Sunday and they'll be happy.

Waddle waddle waddle.

Re: giant baby brewing

• Options
    Glad baby is healthy and you can still try for a VBAC! I agree that growth ultrasounds are very inaccurate, - or + 2 lbs either way. I had a 9 lber out of my vag without any tearing, vags are amazing things! Good luck! I hope you get your VBAC!!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Thanks ladies! I have a feeling she'll arrive before her edd so she might not be that big. I'm glad to hear of other good experiences though, gives me more confidence that my body can handle it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Growth u/s are notorious for being inaccurate. I swear the majority of the people I know have been told they are having huge babies, and they rarely have. Two doctors told us DS was going to be well over 9 lbs. He was 8 lbs 3 oz, and he was born two weeks late. Try not to worry about it too much even if you do have her closer to your due date. You'll do great no matter what.
  • Options
    jwls84jwls84 member
    I think they say they can be out by 2lb give or take so you never know!
    My sister had her scan the day she was Induced and they said 7lb some odd ounces and she delivered a 9lb 9oz baby... This maybe not be comforting information!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was told DD would be over 10 lbs, but she came out 9 days late at 8 lbs 13 oz.  I feel like the growth ultrasounds try to scare people or something!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Our u/s was accurate but the tech told us every time we went in the weight could be + or - a pound.

N was 6lb13oz. She was born at 40wk3days and were told she wouldn't weigh more than 7.5. 

I really hope you get your VBAC! Glad to hear baby is doing well :)

ETA: I do think growth ultrasounds sometimes just scare moms. I think they told my sister my niece would be huge and she was under 8lbs.

Also,  Super 9lb10oz...you really are superdeduper mom ;)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Glad you get to try for your vbac still. Btw, 7lbs7oz was DS2's birthweight. And he was estimated way smaller.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"