Long Island Babies
Options

The Katz Center For Women

HI..Just wondering if anyone has given birth at the North Shore Katz Center for Women in Manhasset and what you thought of it?

Re: The Katz Center For Women

• Options
    I have the same question! My friend delivered there and had no complaints! When I visited she had a private room and it was spacious and clean. The bathroom was huge. It's too early in my pregnancy to tell her I am pregnant and ask more specifics unfortunately! 
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, so far all I hear is good things about it. When I gave birth to my first son 2 years ago at North Shore Manhasset, it was under construction. I had to share my room with 2 other women....I am so excited to be in my own room this time around. My husband and I have the hospital tour tomorrow so I will get to see what the new rooms look like..I can't wait!! Congrats on your pregnancy by the way!! Such an exciting time!! Hope you are feeling well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Staff is amazing. My sister just had a baby there 7wks premature....drs and NICU staff wonderful. Baby came home 21/2 wks later. Ull be happy.there!
  • Options
    Aww Congratulations Auntie!! Great to know..I hope your sister and baby are doing well!! Went for the maternity tour this past Saturday and all I can say is wow!! The rooms are immaculate and I am so looking forward to giving birth there knowing that I will be in the room alone!! I had given birth there before the renovations and I know the staff is awesome!! I can't wait!!
  • Options
    I delivered there and my son is a year old. The staff is very caring and the rooms are beautiful. I had a private room which was great! They even had a little bottle of champagne in the room for me and my husband. : ]

I was very happy with the hospital.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had my baby there 6 weeks ago. The staff was AMAZING! Everyone from the nurses and drs that performed my crash c section, to the NICU nurses, my nurses, the staff that delivers the food, to the staff that takes out the garbage were incredible. I dont have words for how great they all were.
    The rooms were big, clean & private. I would recommend this place to anyone and return in a heartbeat for my next baby. :)
    Good luck!
  • Options
    I seriously can't wait for my hospital experience this time - with my daughter, it was still the old hospital and I had to share my room with someone who invited her entire family to stay all day, every day, and bring all their smelly food.  Can't wait to have my own room! My friend just delivered there and she said it was AMAZING!

(btw, this is my first post on this board, so...hi!)
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

• Options
    I'm late to this party, but wanted to share that my coworker delivered there in October, and had absolutely zero help with lactation.  She was in for two days and never saw a lactation consultant, and ended up having to switch to formula, which she didn't want to do.

imageimage

• Options
    Am delivering there in early June! and hear only good things. We also signed up for birthing class, breastfeeding class, and a baby care class. They also have CPR
  • Options

I'm late to this party, but wanted to share that my coworker delivered there in October, and had absolutely zero help with lactation.  She was in for two days and never saw a lactation consultant, and ended up having to switch to formula, which she didn't want to do.

Yep. Same experience. Delivered there in November and even when I requested numerous times a LC was nowhere to be found. They were no help at all. I went to the class and learned what I already researched before giving birth. Most nurses were amazing though and tried to do what they could.
    My labor was quick but I did not feel " looked after" during delivery. Granted it was the middle of the night (LO was born at 3 am) so maybe it's true what they say about the night shift. I had to ask to hold my baby after she was born. It was like they didn't even think to give get to me.
    Private rooms are amazing. But if you need help you better ask... They didn't offer anything. My DH and I were very disappointed.
  • Options
    I'll be delivering there too.  How are they with leaving the baby in the nursery?  I heard they try to get you to keep the baby in the room all the time.
    imageimage
  • Options
    jmolr said:

I'll be delivering there too.  How are they with leaving the baby in the nursery?  I heard they try to get you to keep the baby in the room all the time.

They didn't even offer since I was BF. The second day after I spoke to a very nice nurse she suggested I let my DD stay in the nursery (so we could get some rest) until she shows hunger cues. I was reluctant but did it the second night. They brought my DD back an hour and a half later. Then never came back. So much for " letting the mom rest." Again.... Be proactive for what you want or need. I'm not usually a complainer AT ALL. But I expected a lot more help and guidance.
  • Options
    I agree with all of this. The daytime staff during my labor was amazing but nighttime not so much. They refused to get my doctor when I said I couldn't push anymore without him- I had to beg. After labor the recovery nurses were lovely, the room was great. I was having trouble bf-ing and my nurse wasn't helpful and said there's no lactation consultant so it was frustrating. Then I had a new nurse the morning I was discharged who said there was in fact a LC but she didn't think she could squeeze me in before discharge. Very disappointed in that! Also true about the nursery- hey encourage you to keep the baby in your room especially if you're bfing. I sent the baby to the nursery the first night bc I was so exhausted and they sent him back an hour later bc he was crying. I thought all babies cried? Lol.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"