Pittsburgh Babies

Postpartum anxiety

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can get help for postpartum anxiety in pittsburgh?  I desperately want to avoid prescription meds, but I feel like I'm going to crack. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Postpartum anxiety

• Have you talked to your dr? I would start there.
  • See if your insurance offers any type of therapy first would be my suggestion, then go from there. I know with my daughter I had to take meds for my anxiety, for my son however I was able to find a therapist who cannot prescribe meds and we have found ways to cope in other fashions...my own coping tool he suggested was to find a way to find a workout scheduled into our routine.
    Kristen&Randy Married:6/30/2007 Had Faith 6/17/2008 Robbie 10/12/2011 image photos by Oh What Love Photography and Design imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry. It is hard. I hope you find healing soon.

One name that came up most often in my search:

https://www.cogdyn.com/bio-rachael-rosen/

• There is a group called "Out of the Blue" that meets at Shining Light Prenatal in Lawrenceville. I would definitely talk to your doc as well. I hope you feel better soon! I struggled with anxiety for years before becoming pregnant and it's something that can happen to anybody!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"