October 2011 Moms

Fell down stairs

Well, this is the 2nd time I've fallen down while holding one of my kids. MOTY right here.

I fell down with L last year, I tripped over her walker and busted my arm/shoulder/leg. She didn't have a bump or scratch on her thank God.

Fast forward to last night and I'm walking down the stairs with H. I had too much in my hands (boppy, burp cloths, phone, and H of course) MH had put a few library books on the stairs so he would remember to return them today. Of course I didn't see them and stepped right on them. We fell down about 5 steps. I have the worst rug burn on my shin/ankle/knee/elbow.  I thought I may have broken my ankle because I couldn't walk on it right away. It's still wicked stiff, but if that's the only thing I have to deal with, I'm happy.

Best part about the whole thing is that H stayed asleep the entire time. Not sure how I managed to not let go of her, I guess I'm thankful my motherly instinct kicked in.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Fell down stairs

• rous27rous27 member

I'm so glad that H is okay and slept through the whole thing. Same goes for L when it happened last year. That sucks you are injured and I hope your ankle feels better soon. 

I fell down the stairs once while holding Desmond. I just fell on my butt, thank god, but it was super scary because I was holding my son.  

• Falling down the stairs is scary! When we first moved I was still getting used to our stairs and slipped on them several times. The edges are really rounded and offer no traction. I no longer wear socks on them. One of these days we are going to carpet on them.

I was holding N two times. She was perfectly fine but I really bruised my back. I feel for you! I think you need to make a "no crap on the stairs" rule also. I would be ticked if I tripped on library books!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh crap! How scary!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh that is so scary!!  I fell down a few stairs recently with DD going down to the basement.  Luckily we were both ok, but she was scared and cried a lot.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • jwls84jwls84 member
    Yikes, it's scary falling while holding a baby! But I am happy that H stayed a sleep the whole time. I hope your ankle feels better soon.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Thanks ladies. It sounds awful, but between the two LOs, I'm glad it was H and not L. Idk if I'd be able to hold on to L while falling down stairs... or at least w/out both of us getting hurt.

MH was almost crying because he was so upset at himself, so I know he feels horrible.. but it could've happened any time so I'm not mad at him. (Although I did tell him he owes me a back massage haha)

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Ugg that's the worst. I have trouble with porches apparently. I've tripped twice going up or down porch steps with DS. It is such a horrible feeling. I'm sorry you got banged up, but I'm glad you are both ok overall. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"