Pittsburgh Babies

West Penn Delivery?

Hello!

Was curious if anyone delivered at West Penn and what their experience was like? I had a horrible experience with my wouldbe OB today so I made a new appointment and they deliver there. I am definitely taking the appointment can't wait ANY LONGER I'm so impatient! but wanted some insight!

Thanks!
Megan J.
Wife - 10.20.12 / Expecting - 05.20.13 / Mommy - 01.14.14

Re: West Penn Delivery?

• I have friends that loved their experiences there and that's where I will be this time too.  I was at Magee for my DS and it was eh I thought.
  • I'm a FTM who will be delivering there too. Several ladies from my work have delivered there and loved it. Said they also have great lactation support too.
  • Loading the player...
  • I delivered at West Penn in December and was very happy with my experience. My husband and I couldn't get over how wonderful all of the nurses were. The birthing rooms were quite relaxing (well as relaxing as it can be while you are in labor). There is a fold out couch that turns into a bed that my DH was able to lay in and take a nap. When we were moved into the room after giving birth it was just the size of a normal hospital room. It had a small couch in it too that people who were visiting could sit on. The lactation ladies (and one guy)  were all so nice.  Oh yeah and the hospital can be a little confusing so I would recommend taking the free hospital tour that is offered. Hope this helps! Any other questions feel free to ask.
  • I will be delievering there in November :
  • I would also recommend touring the hospital. I went a few weeks ago and found it very helpful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"