Indiana Babies

Weekly Check-In

1.  How are you?

2.  Weekend highlight / lowlight?

3.  What are you looking forward to this week?

4.  Were you named after anyone / does your name have special significance? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Weekly Check-In

• ebd08ebd08 member

1.  Doing pretty well, minus an embarrassing vomiting episode in the frozen food section of the grocery store!

2.  Weekend was good!  We went downtown with DH's brother and they took Eli to walk on the canal while I shopped for fabric for dining room curtains, and we went out to eat.  Sunday we had a playdate with msblackandgold and her family!

3.  Getting a new air conditioning unit.  Ours broke and it's been, um, very warm in our house.

4.  Nope, just something my mom thought sounded pretty. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • 1.  How are you?

Currently feeling like garbage.  Not sure if it is allergies or a bad cold, but I feel like death warmed over.

2.  Weekend highlight / lowlight?

No particular lowlight... I worked, as per usual.  Highlight was any time I was able to spend with my boys.

3.  What are you looking forward to this week?

Nothing in particular outside of not working the next 2 days.

4.  Were you named after anyone / does your name have special significance?

I was named after both of my grandfathers (yes, a man on the bump... shocker).  My first name is after my dad's dad 1st name, middle was my mom's dad's 1st name.  I was the first to have this done, but I wanted to try to start making it a tradition, so I named my first son in the same manner... his first is my dad's first name, his middle is my wife's dad's 1st name.  Also oddly worked out that both myself and my son will never have the chance to meet our middle name grandfather... mine died before my parents wed, my son's grandpa died in Desert Storm.

• Loading the player...
  • Almost embarrassed to show my face on here after being MIA for so long, but swung by the board on a whim today and thought I'd check in. I have been super swamped with work/family/life and haven't been able to post. Plus, I got so frustrated that I couldn't change my sig picture that it was annoying to come on here and see such an outdated photo on my posts :) Anyway...

1. I'm good. Very busy!

2.Highlight: Lots of fun stuff. Built a fort with the kids for the first time. They LOVED it!

Lowlight: Nothing super bad. Just had to finish a bunch of work at home Friday night and Saturday. Hate having to bring work home :/

3. Well, this week is my VERY LAST WEEK of medical training. I finish my residency on Friday. I like to say that I'm finishing 32nd grade :) Can't believe it!

4. I'm not, which I was always kind of bummed about. My children each have a family name as a last name though, That was important to me, especially since I didn't change my name when I got married and so I don't share a last name with my kids. Their middle names are from my side of the family, so that's our connection.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageebd08:
    1. nbsp;How are you?2. nbsp;Weekend highlight / lowlight?3. nbsp;What are you looking forward to this week?4. nbsp;Were you named after anyone / does your name have special significance?nbsp;

1. I'm okay. Symptoms have gotten progressively worse lately so I've not really been up to much.

2. Meh, I really didn't do much this weekend. I felt like crap so I sat around..

3. This past Thursday we went to a baseball game with friends and watched some really nice fireworks. This coming Thursday I have an OB appointment.

4. My mom named me after the Barry Manilow song "Oh Mandy" except she decided to spell it Mandie. I like my name except everyone tries to call me Amanda, and it's annoying because it's not my name.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"