Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Induction at Baylor Dallas

Hello,

I am 40 weeks today! Woohoo!  My midwife has made an appointment for me to be induced on Tuesday June 25th because my baby girl is already quite big.

Has any one here been induced at Baylor Dallas Downtown?

I am supposed to go in Monday night to check in and be given Cervidil. I will have to stay there overnight and will be induced with Pitocin on Tuesday morning. I am currently 1.5 cm and 50% effaced. I keep hoping she will come before then, but I am not getting my hopes up for that.

Has anyone had this type of schedule there before? Is it normal to spend the night before induction? This I my first child and my husband is currently deployed, so I will have a friend with me, but she has never experienced this before so it is new all around!

Just looking for some reassurance and a bit of guidance from someone who has done this before!

Thanks! :)

Mrs. Jaynes

Re: Induction at Baylor Dallas

• Options
    LoCarbLoCarb member

First congrats on your pending arrival!

I was induced with both kids and DD1 was delivered at Baylor. I was not given Cervidil (hear it's very common) but Pitocin both times. The first hr of arrival is usually taking your stats and blood work. Pitocin is given intraveneously and can make you sleepy. It's a great time to nap b/c you will be exhausted from the delivery and the 1st yr with a NB. If you have an iPad bring it. There may be a lot of waiting around. My dr broke my water both times. Not sure of your birth plan but if you are in pain, don't be brave;ask for the drugs!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was induced with both of mine as well. I didn't deliver at Baylor Dallas but DS was born at Baylor Grapevine.

I was admitted overnight with DS due to preeclampsia. My blood pressure was sky high and I started spilling protein. I was given Cervidil that night. The nurse started Pitocin the next morning and then the Dr broke my water around 7am and DS was born right before 2pm. I was told that was quick but DD came about the same way. Like PP said, take something to pass the time or try to sleep if you can. I know visitors get in the way of that!

Congratulations!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I sent you a PM with some info!  : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"