Two Under 2
Options

I need advise.

My twins are 15 months but act way older, they are constantly competing to learn new things. So they can run, jump, stack up to 6 blocks, climb on anything, say 4 and even 5 word sentences, obey simple commands, somewhat put clothes on, they like to try to change their own diapers when their dirty, they know some animals, colors, shapes, the first 7 letters of the alphabet and can count to 3. 

That being said they have not yet given up their bed time bottle(the only have it in bed and they are drinking it less and less but with out it they won't sleep). They can climb out of their cribs and pack and plays(even when covered), and when they need a diaper they will tell you go get a diaper and if you don't change them right away they will take of their dirty diaper and sit down on the new on attempting to put it on. They can also keep their diaper dry for over an hour. 

They have recently(about 4 weeks ago) been moved to their own room and, have done wonderfully with the transition.  I don't want to change to many things in their environment but I can't help but feeling that they are ready for a toddler bed, to start potty training, and to loose the night time bottle(if I give them a sippy cup at bed they will take it instead with no fuss but they want to lay down with it and it worries me, that the flow is to fast). Also, I am expecting a new baby in October, and know that that in its self will be a stressful transition for the boys. 

Sorry, it is so long I just really don't want to wait to long to do things but I don't want to rush them either. Thanks for any advise.  

Re: I need advise.

• Options
    smerkasmerka member
    If they can climb out of their cribs, I'd move them to toddler beds now so they don't get hurt.  Try the potty training and the nighttime bottle.  If it works, great.  If it doesn't, wait until the new baby is sleeping through the night and try again.  Don't push it, but try it.
  • Options
    Potty training. Are they showing any other signs of being ready to potty train? My dr hands out this quiz.
    https://www.pantley.com/elizabeth/books/0071476903.php?nid=378
    [I put my 19 month old in a onesie so he cant take off his diaper.] I would probably wait to potty train. But you can always try and stop if it becomes stressful.

Bottle. I would try to not to give a bottle or sippy cup in bed. It is a bad habit and terrible for their teeth. Can you do anything else to soothe them?

My son climbed out of bed once and hasn't done it again. Are they regularly climbing out? If so, I would switch them to a toddler bed.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageorangecurls:
    Potty training. Are they showing any other signs of being ready to potty train? My dr hands out this quiz. https://www.pantley.com/elizabeth/books/0071476903.php?nid=378 [I put my 19 month old in a onesie so he cant take off his diaper.] I would probably wait to potty train. But you can always try and stop if it becomes stressful. Bottle. I would try to not to give a bottle or sippy cup in bed. It is a bad habit and terrible for their teeth. Can you do anything else to soothe them? My son climbed out of bed once and hasn't done it again. Are they regularly climbing out? If so, I would switch them to a toddler bed.

Lurker..

But I agree on waiting to PT. It might just be a little too early, but who knows? You can try and stop. I tried at 18 months with DD1 and restarted at 26 months. She is 32 months now and fully potty trained.

But I did move DD from a crib to a toddler bed at 15 months, and she did great after the first few nights. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Options
    ebp913ebp913 member
    If you want them to stop climbing out of the crib, put them in Sleep Sacks. It's really hard for them to get out with it on.  They make them in big sizes.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"