Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

What to expect?

I wish I weren't here but at this point I think it is inevitable :(

After very light spotting for a week and decreasing betas, it looks like this pregnancy is coming to an end.  No heavy bleeding and no cramping as of yet so it is a waiting game to see what my body does.

Has anyone had experienced a similar situation? Can you give me an idea of what to expect?

imageimage

Re: What to expect?

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss, and that you find yourself here. I had a D&C with both losses, so I don't have any advice. With my most recent loss, I started spotting and cramping a week after finding out that our baby didn't have a heartbeat. I went in for another u/s, and my doctor confirmed that the embryo was detaching from my uterus and was on it's way out (which explained my symptoms). My cervix was still closed, so who knows how long it would have taken. I was scheduled for surgery later that week, but seeing as things were starting to happen on their own we moved up the D&C. I hope that things go as well as they can so that you can begin to heal physically and emotionally.
  • Options

I found out at an ultrasound at 8.5 weeks.  I had an empty sac.  5 days later I started bleeding, and it continued for about 2.5 weeks.  I had some cramoing and some heavy clots pass.  At the end of the 2.5 weeks, I had a day with lots of bad cramping, and everything just seemed to flow out of me.  The worst of it lasted about 5 hours,   I took Advil and stayed near a restroom.  The next day I had some bleeding and some clots.  The day after that I barely had any bleeding, just tiny spots on the toilet paoer.  I think it's done, but my doc still will check me again.  For me it was very long, but I am still glad I let it happen naturally.  I think other people had a shorter experience, but I was told 3 to 4 weeks is common.   I don't know if being less far along would make a difference.

I am so sorry for your loss.  If you have any more questions about my experience, let me know, 

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    first of all i am sooo very sorry to hear about your loss. when I was having my mc my dr didn't tell me at first what was going on.. I had a very low beta count..They thought I was not as far along as they had told me... the next day I went to take a nap and woke up with excruciating cramping/bleeding. I had a "natural" mc so I didn't have to have a D&C. As soon as the dr got most everything removed the pain instantly decreased. They sent me to the hospital for a sono and some pain meds and bed rest for a cpl days afterwards. I've heard a natural can be worse than getting a D&C but I can't vouch for that I can only tell you how my experience went. I hope the best for you <3
  • Options
    Sorry for what you are going through.
    I had a natural mc. I woke up early morning in a Saturday and was bleeding but no cramping. I called the OB nurse on call since it was my first pregnancy. And she said I could go to the hospital clinic at 9 so I went and the dr I saw said I had a 50/50 shot of keeping the baby and it was just a waiting game and sent me home. About 3 hours later I had cramping but nothing that I couldn't deal with. Went to sleep and woke up at 430 with lots more bleeding and tissue coming out so the husband and I went back to Er from drs orders. And was told I had list the baby. And they removed all the tissue they could and gave me a pill called cytotec to cause contractions and sent me home for a few hours and had me come back to talk to my actual dr later that morning. She did an US to see what was left and removed it since it was so close to coming out on its own. I have continued to bleed for 4 days each day getting lighter. Hoping it gets better and can move on from this soon. Hope everything gets better for you as well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"