One & Done: Only child

Awesome day!

This is not meant to be snarky to moms of more than one. BUT, today was awesome with my only lol! We spent the whole morning afternoon at the waterpark. All the other moms today had toddlers and babies. Most were exhausted looking while breast feeding a baby and supervising a toddler. I was able to play with DD the whole time and even, gasp, read a magazine lol! 

Then we headed to the mountains for dinner. We ate a voted best restaurant. The chef came and sat with us. He talked to DD and brought her out a dessert.

Just a lovely family day! Every time I worry about DD not having siblings I think to these types of days. She had our undivided attention.

Again, I know bigger families have great days too lol! But especially with a kid with autism and high anxiety, this was just such an awesome day! Hope you all get lots of those days this summer!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Awesome day!

• I'm glad you had a great day! I had that thought on Father's Day. We had a great busy day. It was so easy with just one.
  • I often have the same thoughts on a constant basis, so I understand.

So glad you all had an awesome family day, sounds like it was so fun!

E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Loading the player...
  • imageM&MHaveMyHeart:

Glad you had such a great day!!

I'm finding myself in the same scenarios more & more often. Just a simple festival reaffirms how in love I am with our situation. People lugging around 3 or 4 kids & the mom is pregnant. So not me! We're just strolling around with our little guy sharing an order of crazy fries. Haha 

This exactly. I actually find myself groaning when I see someone really pregnant (mostly because my pregnancy was so miserable that I can't see it any other way!).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Love this! 

• KL777KL777 member
    Sounds great!  I love those type of days with DS also...they're great!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• I feel that way everywhere we go. DD is so manageable, so fun, and I don't feel like I am "working hard" when we go out to do things. So many people I see are struggling to keep head count of their kids or breaking up fights and not able to enjoy what's going on. We just pack up and go when we want to. And now that she's four, the amount of things we can do is pretty vast.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"