Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Clothing size?

I have to find out if I'm crazy...

How old is LO, how many pounds and inches, and what size clothing is LO wearing?

Vivi is 11 weeks, she'll be 3 months July 1, and 13.5 lbs and 23.5 inches. She's no longer in 0-3 month clothing and straight 3 month stuff is getting tight. I have 3-6 month outfits/onesies in rotation and just washed 6 month stuff because per the tags she should be in them.

Am I crazy or is my child abnormally large?? 

Re: Clothing size?

• Options

No that's what I hear from most of my friends. Meanwhile my DS will be 13 weeks Tom, prob around 12.5 lbs 23.5 in and is still solidly in 0-3 mon and straight 3 months.. Footsie pjs are starting to be short, but all the shorts I have 0-3mon barely stay up when he's standing. I think it all depends on brand. I find old navy to be very big Carter's and baby gap pretty true to size.

• Options
    J will be 8wks tomorrow and he is 12.5lbs and about 23in. His 03 footed pjs are snug and his 3m pjs are starting to become that way as well. I am thinking about moving him up to 36m but he is so long that I am afraid they will be way to big for him.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Andrew is 13 weeks today and probably 14-15lbs. 0-3 stopped fitting last week and straight 3 mo are snug. I had to put 3-6 jammies on him last night. We're in the same boat.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• Options
    My son is probably close to 13lbs by now and past 24in he is transitioning into 3-6 right now. Jumpsuits in 0-3 are turning into capris. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD is almost 13 lbs and we are starting to transition into 3-6 month stuff.  The 3 mo stuff is fitting just fine, but the 0-3 mo seems tight or too short. 
  • Options
    12 weeks, 11.6 pounds, 24 inches, 3 month clothing, not yet growing out of it.
    Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

• Options
    kagjagkagjag member
    DS is 2 months 9weeks and weighs about 14 pounds and is 22 inches. 0 to 3 months are too small as are some 3 months. Moved into 3 to 6 months and starting to buy some 6 months clothes as I think I will need them before the end if summer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My LO is opposite to pps he is 11 weeks and just now moving into 0 to 3 months clothes. All of his newborn onesie still fit. It is the sleepers that are too small or should I say too short. He is 22.5 in long and about 10 lb. But I guess that is what you get when you are born weighing only about 6 lb.
  • Options
    My LO is eight weeks and 24 inches and 12 pounds. She is quickly out growing 0 to 3 and many 3 months. The onsies are too short but many of her dresses are still ok. Ya! For summer and dresses!
  • Options
    At 3 months my little one was in some 3 month some 6 months and weight was at about 12 lbs.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

That's about the track my son was when he was born.  However I think my lil girl who was born last Thursday is going to be a bit different....she was 6 lbs 12oz at birth and is now downtown 6 lbs flat...we are doing weight check tomorrow to see if I need t supplement but my milk is in so I think we are on the upswing...anyways she doesn't even fit into NBclothes they are huge o her!!!! Hoping she starts to gain and get some length soon so her clothes fit!  She's only 18in long....she is just little!!!!!!!

All babies grow at diff Rae's I don't think your baby is large it's just getting plenty to eat and growing well!!! 

• Options
    No, you're not crazy. I think around the 2 month mark, I had DS wearing 3-6 month clothing. Now, at 3 1/2 months, his pants are getting tight around the waist but the onsies still fit him.
  • Options

DD3 is 2.5 months, 10 lbs 3oz, and 24.5". She still fits in a lot of 0-3/3 months outfits (they should be about the same size, just labeled differently for different brands). Some of the sleeves are now 3/4 length though. She's just long and thin. I just moved up to 3-6/6 month onesies.

My older girls were out of 0-3/3 month clothes by 2 months. DD1 was 13 lbs 12oz and 24.75" at 2 months. DD2 was 13 lbs 13oz and 24.25" at 2 months.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    DS had his two month appt on Monday. He was 24 inches, which our doc said is 90th percentile! He was also 60th percentile for weight, at 12 lbs 10 oz... He gained three lbs in a month! He is still in 0-3, but the crotch is getting tight... I'm thinking he will be moving into 3-6 within the next few weeks. I know our son is much taller than average, but he is moving through the sizes WAY more quickly than I thought he would!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    My LO is 11 weeks, 15lbs and almost 25" long. He's long on top so 6 mo onsies don't always fit, plus, because we cloth diaper, his pants tend to be snug. We just started putting him in 9 mo clothes and they're a little long in the legs and sleeves but not terribly so. If your kid is abnormally large, mine might be a mutant ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"