January 2013 Moms
Options

Light-headedness and BFing

I EBF and since LO turned about 4 months old I've often been feeling weak and light-headed and just generally a bit spacey. I've been losing weight pretty steadily and am below my pre-pregnancy weight, so my first thought was that I wasn't eating enough and have been trying to up my calorie intake.  I'm also trying to increase my water intake in case it's related to dehydration. So far though I haven't noticed a difference and am starting to worry a bit about what's wrong with me.  Has anyone else been experiencing anything like this?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Light-headedness and BFing

• Options
    I've had low iron and had to do supplements....check with your doc. Mine did blood work. Maybe it's that?  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagehorae4me:
    I've had low iron and had to do supplements....check with your doc. Mine did blood work. Maybe it's that?  

This is what I would suggest as well.  I would see if you can get in for some blood work.  I'm guessing you're probably deficient in something.  Iron is a common deficiency.   

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have been feeling the same way. Dizzy and I also EBF. I thought maybe I wasn't eating or drinking enough also. I did make an appointment with my doctor and then cancelled it. I guess it wouldn't hurt to get blood work.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Most noticeable when I pump at work (I don't tend to eat/drink as much as I should at work), but also when I nurse at home, I feel physically drained. I don't feel lightheaded specifically... it's more of a general weakness. I've likened the feeling to the breast pump sucking all of my energy right out of me along with the milk.

I'm not losing weight, but I do know I need to drink more water. I was anemic PP and I was slacking on my iron supplement so I've gone back to taking it to see if it helps.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"