October 2011 Moms
Options

Babywearing

Does anyone here babywear? I've never noticed anyone posting about. We have an Ergo and I just picked up a ring sling for the pool. We used to use the Moby all the time but she's too big for it. I bought a gauze wrap for this summer and ordered sling rings so I can do both with it. I want to start doing more back carries with the wrap but I'm usually by myself and am nervous to put her up there by myself.

Re: Babywearing

• Options
    Yeah but it's so hot out we both get super sweaty. I haven't used the wrap for anything other than hip carries yet but its not as hot.
  • Options
    I don't but wished I had. N was so pukey, I couldn't the first 7 months. There are some ladies in Parenting I know who could provide some help, of you want to XP.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    kagl08kagl08 member
    I wore DS a lot! I still wear my kids on my back here and there. My DS is at a "I do it myself" phase so that's not working well with him currently but my DD who is almost 3 still likes to go on my back. I have an Ergo, I never used anything else. I love my Ergo!
  • Options
    LCassLCass member
    I'm happy to hear so many of you like the Ergo!  A friend of mine just loaned me an Ergo and another carrier.  We got a Snuggli with Lily that was supposed to work for up to 30lbs and by the time she was 12lbs she didn't fit into it well.  I'm hoping for better luck with wearing this next baby, but I'm worried 'cause I have a bad back.  Crossing fingers the Ergo works as well for us as it seems to for you ladies!

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• Options
    imageLCass:
    I'm happy to hear so many of you like the Ergo!nbsp; A friend of mine just loaned me an Ergo and another carrier.nbsp; We got a Snuggli with Lily that was supposed to work for up to 30lbs and by the time she was 12lbs she didn't fit into it well.nbsp; I'm hoping for better luck with wearing this next baby, but I'm worried 'cause I have a bad back.nbsp; Crossing fingers the Ergo works as well for us as it seems to for you ladies!

The Ergo is soooo much easier on my back and neck than carrying her or holding her hand since I kind of have to lean. I have a couple bulging discs, one in my lower back and the waist strap for the Ergo kind of holds everything in place, it's really comfy! If you haven't bought the infant insert you can just use a rolled up blanket. I played lazer tag outside in the woods with Lo on my back yesterday lol.
  • Options
    imagePackerfan79:
    Not anymore. DS is pushing near 40 pounds and there is no way I'm wearing him around anymore.

I've wrapped my 46 pound 4 foot tall 6 year old. My kids are stroller haters, but they make great carts for shopping and daiper bags!
  • Options

I often do the back carry in the ergo. I haven't mastered the hip carry in either the ergo or ring sling without feeling like the strap is choking me. The back carry I put her on my hip then lean forward and slide her around to my back like a piggy back ride... I've practiced a few times in front of the couch so if I do drop her she had a soft spot to land. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    memo9memo9 member
    Yes!  We are big babywearers! Cutest carriers ever: https://www.tulababycarriers.com/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We used to rely on the Ergo for basic survival but now only use it for when we're out around nap time. DH wore him today while we were in Target and after about 20 mins he was feeling it in his back. We tried the Moby many moons ago but G and I had a mutual hate for it. Next time around I want to try a ring sling. If money were no object, I'd also spring for an Ergo Sport since the regular model is awesome but gets really hot.

ETA: If you figure out the back carry, please share the magic. I've tried it but can't seem to get him comfortable (and hate the instant mega belly roll the Ergo creates when I wear it in reverse Sad)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I still front carry DD in the Ergo because I haven't mastered the back carry.  I really need to because I think she would like it (although she doesn't mind the front carry.)

I usually only wear her when I'm walking to a store or restaurant (we live in the city) but I think I would use it more if I got a grasp on the back carry.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Oh and I carry her to the beach.  The Ergo has been a lifesaver for the beach because then I can carry my stuff too.  But we do both get sweaty in it.

And I wanted to say that I'm glad for this post.  I thought I was the only person still wearing their LO.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagecolleenb262:

Oh and I carry her to the beach.  The Ergo has been a lifesaver for the beach because then I can carry my stuff too.  But we do both get sweaty in it.

And I wanted to say that I'm glad for this post.  I thought I was the only person still wearing their LO.

I did too! I was surprised, I thought more people would be doing it. (That sentence was super awkwardly worded). I tried the back carry by myself this weekend and we played laser tag in the woods, it was fun but I was too scared to really run since I was worried she would fall out. I was so nervous! 

• Options
    I do with DS2. I have a Beco, and I do front and back carries with that.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We <3 babywearing!  WIth four kiddos, it is the only way we ever get things done!  We seriously never used a stroller until our "baby" was 16 months old and we went to Disneyland.  

There are lots of great videos on YouTube - also, check out Babywearing International.  I think they go by BWI.

• Options
    I wore E a lot. Especially in the Moby around the house. I wore her a Sea World a couple of months ago most recently. She's getting so heavy that a back carry in the Ergo is all I can handle. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagePappsMcgee:
    I'm shocked and envious that your kids let you carry them like that still! DD will not have it. She either wants to walk, or be carried (mind you for like 5 minutes max) and then wants down again. If I strap her to the stroller when we first start off, she's usually ok sitting in there the entire time

This. It's exhausting. 

BFP CP 1/12/11 DD born 10/16/11
  • Options
    imageawesnap:

imagePappsMcgee:
    I'm shocked and envious that your kids let you carry them like that still! DD will not have it. She either wants to walk, or be carried (mind you for like 5 minutes max) and then wants down again. If I strap her to the stroller when we first start off, she's usually ok sitting in there the entire time

&nbsp;This. It's exhausting.&nbsp;

Hey lady, where have you been?
  • Options
    It sounds like you have a lot of options already, but the Onya is great when it's hot. It's comfortable in front and back carrying, and the Outback is perfect for the heat because it's breathable. It's sturdy and comfortable and can last through the toddler years.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"