May 2012 Moms
Options

First camping experience....kind of

So for a friends birthday a bunch of us rented a campsite  about 15 minutes out of town. It's a cute little camp ground and it gives us the opportunity to enjoy the outdoors without having to really make any big plans because you're not going that far. It was also nice because I could take the dogs for the day, and then drive them home in the evening so I wouldn't have to keep them tied up so they wouldn't wander at night.

We didn't end up setting up a tent because with DH's leg recovery, sleeping on an air mattress was not happening. It was fun thought to go during the day, swim, play outside, lay on the beach, enjoy a campfire and then come home to bed at night and go back the next morning. I think it was a good way to intro DD to camping too. She napped really well in her pack and play outside, and slept in every morning. The poor kid has never spent so much time in the fresh air, she was exhausted!

It was beautiful Friday-Saturday, and now it's absolutely POURING. We didn't go back obviously, but it gave me a chance to clean up, make banana bread, go grocery shopping, and now I'm laying in bed with DD as she plays with her mega blocks. Awesome weekend.

How was everybody else's weekend? Did you all have pretty good weather?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: First camping experience....kind of

• Options
    Fun! Our lo loved camping too! We went to dim sum this weekend and he loves it! I also made a lasagna during the week so dinners have been easy, just heat and eat! I wish I had the skill of pre making meals so dinners could always be so easy!
  • Options
    I can't wait to go camping again this year! Lucas went last summer when he was less than 3 months and did well so I'm sure he'll love this year too.

We're going for a long weekend in two weeks and a week at the end of July
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love taking the baby hiking in the ergo. Maybe I will get to do it next weekend. This past weekend Fifi was super sick (reaction from the MMR vaccine maybe). Nose running like a faucet, eyes red and teary, coughing, sneezing and pale as can be. Boo! But I did get the opportunity to do a few hours of gardening while hubby watched her. Cleared out three beds and planted a bunch of veggies and fruit. Also some potted herbs. Got a good workout in the process. All that squatting, my legs were worn out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh man I wish our experience was like that ... We had a great time during the day but at night there was no way DD was going to sleep in her P&P. She ended up being up until 11:30pm (normally crashes in her crib at 7pm) when we finally convinced her to stop sobbing and sleep in between us with the dog at her feet. Ugh
    image"">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image"">
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"