New to The Bump

Cycle Question

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the boards - my husband and I will celebrate a year of marriage tomorrow - how time flies!!

We are getting to be in the stage where we're going to be ready to start TTC within the next year or so but I have a question about cycles. I wasn't sure where else to post this question, and I'm assuming most people will say to ask my doctor, which I plan on doing but haven't had the time to make an appointment yet.

Typically my cycle was about 30 days...the last 3 (or 4) months it has been longer...34-36, and I have spotting mid-cycle along with cramps. I'm just wondering if that's normal or what would cause it? I never had spotting before, and I've talked to my doctor's nurse on the phone and she says not to be concerned, but I am. Last month it was even as if I had an additional flow mid-cycle, not just spotting.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance! 

Re: Cycle Question

• 34-36 days isn't awful, so I wouldn't be concerned about that.

The spotting could be a million things. Probably nothing, but your dr will be able to go over scenarios and help figure it out.

• You should check out the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility.  It's excellent and explains everything you need to know about your cylces, trying to conceive, and stuff like that.  Also, check out Fertility Friend .com (no spaces) and start charting your basal body temp and cervical mucus.  This will help tell you exactly when you are ovulating so you will know more about why your cycles are different lengths. I know that may sound like Greek, but the book I recommended will explain it all. By charting, when it comes time to TTC you will know what your body/cyles are like and what to expect, and also when to time sex to have the best chances of conceiving. Good luck!

Me: 33 DH: 33

Married: 6.9.12
    DS born: 4.9.14
    DD born 7.27.17

• Loading the player...
  • Also, are you on some sort of BC? Some can cause breakthrough bleeding
  • Nope, no BC here!

I did check out the fertility friend website yesterday and watched a couple videos - sounds like I need a better thermometer though in order to chart accurately. I just have a cheap one from Walgreens. 

• imageqpastrano:

Nope, no BC here!

I did check out the fertility friend website yesterday and watched a couple videos - sounds like I need a better thermometer though in order to chart accurately. I just have a cheap one from Walgreens. 

As long as it give you a temp in tenths of degrees, you should be fine with what you have.

• Come on over to the TTGP board. 

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"