Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Hair in throat

Ok so odd situation (at least odd enough to not find any reference when "googled"). My daughter has been making a clicking type noise/movement with her tongue all afternoon. She has also coughed once or twice almost like she has something in her throat. I'm thinking that she has dog hair stuck in the back of her mouth/throat (we have a Husky who sheds like crazy). Even immediately after vacuuming her hands are covered in hair and she sticks them right in her mouth. I figure that somehow today she got hair back there and is trying to work it out, hence the tongue action. My question is if anyone has ever had this happen and if so what did you do about it? She doesn't seem to be having any trouble breathing but I worry :) Any info/advice/etc...is greatly appreciated!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Hair in throat

• Options
    Maybe feed her a thin puree of baby food and see if it goes down with it? Or some water out of a bottle, or milk for that matter. Something to wash it down with. Hope it gets resolved soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I gave her a bottle and it didn't seem to help but I'll try food and see if that's "thick" enough to clean her out. Thanks for the suggestions! :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD makes a throat-clearing "eh, eh, eh" noise constantly. If we make it first, she'll parrot it and smile. She also fake coughs and thinks it's hilarious. Perhaps your daughter is just testing out a new sound? 
  • Options
    Awww :( I hope she was able to wash it down :)

08.2008 | Diagnosed with PCOS
    11.2011 | First appointment with RE
    12.2011 | HSG reveals 100% blockages in both tubes
    02.2012 | Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy to unblock tubes...success!

{ BFP # 1 | April 1, 2012 }
    Jonah Alexander is here! Born 12.07.12 @ 39w3d

{ BFP # 2 | May 22, 2013 }
    Chemical Pregnancy :(

{ BFP # 3 | February 12, 2014 }
    So far, so good! We love you, little peanut!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Uhg, I just read this...I hope you figured it out. I know I hate when I have a hair in my mouth...I cannot imagine if DS gets one in his throat. Yuck!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"