Pregnant after 35
Options

Equator Line?

What the heck is this equator line down the center of my body at 12 weeks??? Who's map is this for and when does it go away???

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Equator Line?

• Options
    Ummm, hate to say it but mine never did.  It just faded but never completely went away.  Welcome to your first badge of motherhood.  BTW, interesting factoid -- dr said it's a mark of where your body met up when it folded all up as an embryo.  Kind of cool.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options

The line, called linea nigra, is a result of pregnancy hormones running through your body. These hormones cause hyperpigmentation which sometimes results in a dark line running down your tummy. Some women also notice dark patches on their faces...

Man, it just happened so EARLY!!!!!!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagecarmenlarue:

The line, called linea nigra, is a result of pregnancy hormones running through your body. These hormones cause hyperpigmentation which sometimes results in a dark line running down your tummy. Some women also notice dark patches on their faces...

Man, it just happened so EARLY!!!!!!!!!

Yep.  You're just lucky!  Stick out tongue

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options
    I've never heard of this before. Weird. I'm glad I have you ladies to learn from.
  • Options

imagestever:
    I've never heard of this before. Weird. I'm glad I have you ladies to learn from.

Not all women get it and mine didn't begin to appear until close to 20wks.  My sister and mom never had it but I was "blessed" with it.  Go figure. 

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options
    I never did get it when I was pg with Jakob.
  • Options

I had it with DS#1 and it went away.  It took awhile, but  it finally did.  I did not realize until I read this post that I did not get it with this pregnancy. 

Weird!  Not complaining at all.

• Options
    Very thankful that I did not get one.  Woo! Hoo!  I am sure it is genetics - either you will get it or you won't, but nothing will help prevent it if the genetics aren't right.
  • Options
    i had a light line with ds.  it faded after he was born, took a while but it went almost completely away. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"