August 2012 Moms
Options

Horrible twin names!

My little sister sent me a text message last night while on a first date with some guy, she already knew he had 3 kids. It said:

Well, this is not going to go anywhere. He has a kid 5 year old named Dalton and twins named Copen and Hagen. 

I can't believe people do that to their kids. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Horrible twin names!

• Options
    HAHAHA. Omg. At least they picked a nice city? Better than, like, Cher and Nobyl I guess...

I knew someone who named her sons Austin and Travis. Seems fine unless you're from here and know that the city of Austin is in Travis county. BARF.

AUGUST 2012 UNICORN

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That is pretty damn awful.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I clicked this thread to see thinking "how horrible can it really be...probably just a difference in peoples opinions" ...but nope that IS horrible to do that to your kids
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    When I delivered my twins the nurse told me the worst names she hear were Coke and Pepsi and Ketchup and Mustard!
  • Options
    Sounds like they really liked the movie Talladega Nights.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh that's bad.....real bad.
    734609_517665664943929_192232217_n Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageCaliVal:

Are ther twins named that on that movie? I have to say, I really, really dislike that movie. Dh loves it, but I just can't make myself watch it! 

• Options
    They could have gone with Haagen and Dazs instead. They clearly were't thinking. 
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Options
    Maybe he just really loves chewing tobacco?
  • Options
    I had a supervisor whose name was Stacey. Her identical twin was named Tracey.

I am not a fan of rhyming twin names.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I can't believe people do that to their kids. There should really be a law against stupid names.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    imageCrossingfingers:

imageCaliVal:

Are ther twins named that on that movie? I have to say, I really, really dislike that movie. Dh loves it, but I just can't make myself watch it! 

Ha yeah the little boys names were Walker and Texas Ranger.
  • Options
    imageCaliVal:
    imageCrossingfingers:

imageCaliVal:

Ha yeah the little boys names were Walker and Texas Ranger.

Oh my gosh. Dh suggested Walker for C's name, and I was considering it, until I remembered that our dog's name is Ranger. Like I said, dh loves that movie! Haha 

• Options
    imageAggieDaner:
    HAHAHA. Omg. At least they picked a nice city? Better than, like, Cher and Nobyl I guess...

I knew someone who named her sons Austin and Travis. Seems fine unless you're from here and know that the city of Austin is in Travis county. BARF.

The sad thing about Cher and Nobyl is that they could be stand alone names just fine. I'm not so sure about Copen and Hagen.
  • Options
    Yeah, we got the major side eye from the hospital staff when we named our babies.

It's almost like they expected us to name them something that rhymed or started with the same letter.

We named the babies after our grandparents. James William, after my husbands late grandpa and Vivian Rose after my grandmother.

photo happy4th_zps32a39228.jpg

• Options
    imageMeganRod13:

imageMrs. Rohde:
    I can't believe people do that to their kids. There should really be a law against stupid names.

Agreed!  

There are places with laws like this! I think maybe it's Sweden or Switzerland? There's some place where they outlawed naming you kids names to make them appear as though they were royalty when they are not (i.e. Princess, Queen, Duke, Prince, etc.) among other awful names.  I'll see if I can find a link...

Anyways, Copen and Hagen for twins? Just...no.

• Options

For those of you that don't know my last name is Hogan

I joked to DH when I got pregnant that if I was having twin boys we were going to name them Logan and Brogan.

Logan and Brogan Hogan.

• Options
    imagemollyxcate:
    For those of you that don't know my last name is HoganI joked to DH when I got pregnant that if I was having twin boys we were going to name them Logan and Brogan.Logan and Brogan Hogan.

Lmao. I always giggle when people have matching first and last names.
  • Options
    Oh man... those kids are going to hate their parents for that.

• Options
    I had a dream once before DH and I were even engaged that we were having twins and named them Chloe and Zoe.  Not the worst names in the world, but too matchy for my taste.  We had triplets in the NICU Angela, Angelina, and Angelica...nightmare!  I also was maid of honor at my friend Maria's wedding...who has a twin sister named Maria.  People be crazy.
  • Options
    Are they named after the city or the tobacco? How redneck are these people?
  • Options
    imagemelmarie26:
    Yeah, we got the major side eye from the hospital staff when we named our babies.

It's almost like they expected us to name them something that rhymed or started with the same letter.

We named the babies after our grandparents. James William, after my husbands late grandpa and Vivian Rose after my grandmother.

Love your choices, classic! Vivienne was used by a friend close to their birth but I loved it i couldnt use. Mine don't match either, a mix of family and new for us.
  • Options
    I worked with triplets named Tatez, Jaytez and Latez. Fail. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"