Health & Exercise
Options

Calorie counting

Since LO was born, I have been counting calories because it is the only thing that works for me for weight loss. I am BFing and eating 2200 calories a day and losing 2 pounds a week. I was just cleared for exercise yesterday at my 6 week checkup and am wondering how to adjust my calories for exercise. Do I need to eat more on days I workout? Or do I keep it at 2200? TIA! 

Re: Calorie counting

• Options
    My Fitness Pal is a great tool to use for counting calories.  It lets you track your exercise so you can eat back the calories burned.
  • Options
    I have been using SparkPeople for years, even before my pregnancy. The site has a calorie counter, tracker for fitness minutes, message boards, healthy recipes, etc. I think on days that you exercise, if you feel hungry, go ahead and have a little extra. Also make sure to drink plenty of water on days that you exercise. Many times, we confuse thirst for hunger.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have been using My Fitness Pal since January.  I also breastfeed, and I have lost 37 lbs so far.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I've been using my fitness pal and love it, but my question is how do calories change when BFing AND working out? I don't want my supply to suffer. 
  • Options
    Honestly, what I have found is that we tend to under-estimate what we eat and over-estimate what we do.  Whenever I am trying to lose I usually don't add calories back in, when I do I tend to stop losing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"