Birthday Parties
Options

Bear theme

We call DD Claire Bear, so I definitely want to do a bear theme for her party. But, I'm torn between doing Care Bears, with lots of rainbow-themed treats and decorations or going with Teddy Bears. Thoughts? Bear-themed ideas I should incorporate?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bear theme

• Options

imageMandJS:
    What about teddy bear's picnic? Then you can include ALL the bear types and do picnic type foods, etc. 

Love this idea. Thanks!

• Options

I Love the idea of a teddy bear's picnic.  And you can incorporate all the "childhood bears" like Winnie the Pooh, the Care Bears, Brown Bear, Berenstein Bears, Goldilock's 3 Bears, and Corduroy!

Guests can bring their favorite bear, or you can have a make your own bear station (there are vendors that come and do this - my friend used one for her son's first birthday).

Have a dress up/disguise station  (?If you go into the woods today, you'd better go in disguise...?)

For food, you can have a Bear-B-Que

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageblu-eyedwife:

I Love the idea of a teddy bear's picnic.  And you can incorporate all the "childhood bears" like Winnie the Pooh, the Care Bears, Brown Bear, Berenstein Bears, Goldilock's 3 Bears, and Corduroy!

Guests can bring their favorite bear, or you can have a make your own bear station (there are vendors that come and do this - my friend used one for her son's first birthday).

Have a dress up/disguise station  (?If you go into the woods today, you'd better go in disguise...?)

For food, you can have a Bear-B-Que

This exists?! Awesome. And this is why I need The Bump, bc I'd never dream up half this stuff on my own.

• Options
    I did a teddy bear theme for DD's first birthday.  I got invitations, thank you cards and a foil balloon at the dollar store, along with a bunch of latex balloons in the colors I chose.  I drew bear paws on construction paper and put a picture from each month of her first year on each and hung them on the wall (you could put any kind of picture - pictures of different Care Bears?).  Then I gathered up all of the teddy bears (between she and I we had about a dozen) and bear themed books and used them to decorate the living room and dining room, including using them as balloon weights.  We had "beary salad"  (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries), teddy grahams, and gummy bears.  I think I had meatball sandwiches for lunch.  I know we had other food, but I'm blanking on it right now.  I did cupcakes and found a pattern online to lay them out in a bear face (if you google teddy bear cake you should find it pretty easily).  You could tailor any of those for any type of bear.  If you want to go teddy bear picnic, get some red and white checkered napkins and table clothes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"