Military Families

(Untitled)

Dx: PCOS, started Metformin 7/13

Re: (Untitled)

• On our base, you have to have your husband with you to get an ID, unless you have a POA. You can get a visitors pass to get on base, but usually you have to have a military member sponsor you.

I would talk to someone on base, they will know what you need to do. Every place is different.
  • Thanks for the reply. What's a POA?
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry! POA is Power of Attorney.
  • Oh, okay. Thanks!
  • imageAdrd47:
    imageesullivan05:
    On our base, you have to have your husband with you to get an ID, unless you have a POA. You can get a visitors pass to get on base, but usually you have to have a military member sponsor you.

I would talk to someone on base, they will know what you need to do. Every place is different.

This is the same for my husband's base. Unless your car has decals, they won't even let you on base to take care of that stuff. However, I think all bases are doing away with decals in July?

I think the decal thing is Navy only. DH got the email about it last week but we are at a Marine base and they have said they will continue to use decals.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When I went to get my ID I just went to the visitors center at the nearest base and showed them the paperwork my husband sent me for my ID and they gave me a visitors pass to get in base. He sent the paperwork while he was in BMT and I just needed that as well as 2 forms of identification. I used my drivers license and social security card. I did not go with someone who was in the military. Just went by myself.
  • skoozskooz member

imageMinnie1026:
    When I went to get my ID I just went to the visitors center at the nearest base and showed them the paperwork my husband sent me for my ID and they gave me a visitors pass to get in base. He sent the paperwork while he was in BMT and I just needed that as well as 2 forms of identification. I used my drivers license and social security card. I did not go with someone who was in the military. Just went by myself.

I did the exact same thing. You might want to call the base and check on the process. The base nearest to us required that you make an appointment to get an ID, so if you just showed up you would be out of luck.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMinnie1026:
    When I went to get my ID I just went to the visitors center at the nearest base and showed them the paperwork my husband sent me for my ID and they gave me a visitors pass to get in base. He sent the paperwork while he was in BMT and I just needed that as well as 2 forms of identification. I used my drivers license and social security card. I did not go with someone who was in the military. Just went by myself.

This ended up being how it worked out for me. I didn't even need a visitor's pass, though. I just had to show my license and registration and I was good to go.

Thanks for the replies! 

• imageMinnie1026:

Same for me. I was in and out in about 45 minutes. This was a few years ago though so I am not sure if any thing has changed since then.

DeterminedBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMinnie1026:

Same for me. I was in and out in about 45 minutes. This was a few years ago though so I am not sure if any thing has changed since then.

• imageMinnie1026:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"