Working Moms
Options

(Untitled)

2»

Re: (Untitled)

• Options
    imageFemShep:
    imageEMO-mamma:

I hard core judge the smoker who threw their butt out the window of the car this morning.  There are 5 fuckings wildfires in this state right now!  WTF is wrong with people?

(I hope this is not a UO but I had to vent about it - it seriously makes me see red) 

How can this be a UO?  I super judge people who treat the rest of the world as their personal ashtray/trashcan.  GROSS! 

This exactly...I notice all the time but a few weeks ago, on a Sunday morning, I took my daughter in her stroller up to the farmers market and we stopped at the playground on the way back.  It was such a beautiful morning, that I took the long way home.  I am absolutely amazed by the amount of trash I see everywhere.  Bags full of fast food wrappers and leftovers, starbucks cup, cans/bottles, not mentioned cigarette butts everywhere.

On that note, tagging on to the first statement about cigarette butts...I am a former smoker...and I know that sometimes we truly are the worst when it comes to judging smokers...but I just judge people who smoke in their car, period.  Especially on nice days.  I want to be able to roll down my window and enjoy the nice weather while driving, not roll down my window to smell your cigarette smoke at the stoplight or as I'm driving behind you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageHilarityEnsued:
    imageJNL$LSM:

imagePrivacyWanted:
    imagefinancialdiva:
    I judge my neighbors who have stopped paying their mortgage since their house will never be worth what they paid for it.
    This is one of my biggest peeves. Our house is worth a good 60k less than we paid. Yet I still work and pay our mortgage.

We got an offer, the bank would not take it because "their words" we were not behind on our payments.

It broke our hearts to do this but we had no choice. Folks that do this on purpose make it bad for those who have no choice.

Just fyi, your neighbor and anyone else not paying on an underwater mortgage are probably taking the advice of someone that knows what they are talking about.  DH does real estate workouts (on a commercial level, not on a residential level) and while some people have moral problems with the concept, from a legal and financial standpoint, it's absolutely recommended and not uncommon.

Also, their refusal to pay their mortgage doesn't have a damn thing to do with you paying your mortgage.  You can stop at any point.  You aren't better than anyone because you are staying current on your payments while someone else has stopped paying.

Like someone else said, they way to get the bank to work with you is to not keep current.  It doesn't make you less of a person.

Amen to that.  To everyone that treats paying their mortgage as some kind of sacred moral obligation- REALLY? It's a contract between you and the bank.  Morals never entered into the negotiation.  When you breach a contract there are remedies to breaching such as foreclosure.  The people who "walk away" are just breaching a contract and making a smart financial decision even if it makes other people "mad". Plus, let me just say you NEVER know a person's full financial picture.  All you see is a family walking away from their house.  You usually don't know if they have other debt, medical issues, student loans, etc.  

Foreclosures, short sales, and the demise of the real estate market will hopefully set home values back at where they should be and not the inflated price the banks told you they were worth years ago.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageHilarityEnsued:
    imageJNL$LSM:

imagePrivacyWanted:
    imagefinancialdiva:
    I judge my neighbors who have stopped paying their mortgage since their house will never be worth what they paid for it.
    This is one of my biggest peeves. Our house is worth a good 60k less than we paid. Yet I still work and pay our mortgage.

We got an offer, the bank would not take it because "their words" we were not behind on our payments.

It broke our hearts to do this but we had no choice. Folks that do this on purpose make it bad for those who have no choice.

Just fyi, your neighbor and anyone else not paying on an underwater mortgage are probably taking the advice of someone that knows what they are talking about.  DH does real estate workouts (on a commercial level, not on a residential level) and while some people have moral problems with the concept, from a legal and financial standpoint, it's absolutely recommended and not uncommon.

Also, their refusal to pay their mortgage doesn't have a damn thing to do with you paying your mortgage.  You can stop at any point.  You aren't better than anyone because you are staying current on your payments while someone else has stopped paying.

Like someone else said, they way to get the bank to work with you is to not keep current.  It doesn't make you less of a person.

Eh, there are "valid" reasons to stop paying on a mortgage, loss of a job, medical debt, etc. But when someone stops paying just because they are underwater or they want to move, I think that is shady. Whether or not its a wise financial move or in their best interests. Especially because foreclosures effect the bottom line of their neighbors. Like us, for example! We wanted to refi, but the bank used foreclosures as comps for the appraisal so in order to refi, we would have had to pay PMI even though when we purchased, we put down 25%. I am still going to sideeye anyone who stops paying just because, unless it is truly a hardship. I think that banks were hugely at fault with the mortgage crisis, but I also think a lot of people made foolish financial decisions.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD #1 passed away in January 2011 at 14 days old due to congenital heart disease
    DD#2 lost in January 2012 at 23 weeks due to anhydramnios caused by a placental abruption
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"