October 2011 Moms
Options

false labor

So I spent a few hours in triage last night. Started having contractions at midnight, they were 5 min apart so we went in. Definitely real contractions but cervix stayed closed. I know I should be happy that she didn't come early but it sucks to have 4 hours of consistent contractions without any kind of progress.

Re: false labor

• Options
    Yep. I've only had a couple contractions today. Sort of annoyed.
  • Options

imageMackalien13:
    Sorry, but I have to say it especially since this is the second time around. You should be glad your labor was false. 35 weeks is not a good time to have a baby.

Yeah.  Brain development, yo.

ETA: That's not false labor, that's preterm labor.  Not really sure what you're annoyed about other than having contractions at all.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    kagl08kagl08 member

imageMackalien13:
    Sorry, but I have to say it especially since this is the second time around. You should be glad your labor was false. 35 weeks is not a good time to have a baby.

I usually butt out of things like this, but I absolutely agree. DS was born at 35w2d and spent 11 days in the NICU and almost died. He had 2 chest tubes, 3 collapsed lungs, CPAP and more. I'm so relieved your labor stopped.

Prior to DS being born like that, I would have felt the same way, but since him my perpective has completely turned around. She will be here so soon!!  

• Options
    Yeah as you can see from my original post I said I know I should be happy. I am. But I have also mentioned that my baby has been measuring about 2 weeks ahead.

Should have known I would get some flames for that. And as I also said, no changes to my cervix. So it was indeed false labor. Not preterm labor.
  • Options
    kagl08kagl08 member

imagelisamonkee11:
    Yeah as you can see from my original post I said I know I should be happy. I am. But I have also mentioned that my baby has been measuring about 2 weeks ahead. Should have known I would get some flames for that. And as I also said, no changes to my cervix. So it was indeed false labor. Not preterm labor.

I definitely get this, and I hope my post wasn't flameful. I was just saying, I was in the same position as you and had no idea that a late-term preemie could have so many issues. And he always measured ahead, so we didn't realize it could count against him. He was 6lbs 1oz, and that actually caused most of his issues.

I dealt with false labor a lot with my 1st. It sucks!!! (((Hugs))) It's almost over, and she will be here before you know it.  

• Options
    imageWoodsie:
    I didn't read it as her being upset she didn't deliver early, but just annoyed to have to deal with the discomfort of false labour. I agree, that no one should want baby to come that early and that dealing with it starting, then stopping, is much better than the alternative. It just sucks to go through the pain for nothing, KWIM?

Exactly this. Thank you!
  • Options

imagelisamonkee11:
    So it was indeed false labor. Not preterm labor.

Right.  *would have been is more what I meant.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"