October 2011 Moms
Options

Bugs

DD is scared of all of them. She used to love to watch the ants and look for butterflies, but she must of been bitten or stung because now all bugs=bees and all bees=out to get her. She gets totally beside herself when she sees anything resembling a bug (like the piece of black pepper in her dinner). She would not go in her pool because there were "bees" in it (there was some dirt and leaves and maybe a fly or a gnat). Is this a phase? Should I try to do something about this insect phobia, get an ant farm or some butterflies? Right now I just act very happy when we see a bug and I wave to it and say hello-good thing we have a fenced-in-yard or the neighbors might have me committed.

Re: Bugs

• Options

E is very happy to look at bugs and to smoosh them.

If one lands on her, all hell breaks loose. 

I don't have any advice for you. Sorry.

Maybe let a ladybug or roly poly crawl on you and see if she'll let it crawl on her?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Audrey bawled last week because there was an ant in the kitchen...so don't think it's a phase, I wish I had advice but I don't.

siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm sorry!  I remember my Mom being totally pro-bug when I grew up, but for some reason a neighbor kid scared me of spiders.  That phobia has stuck with me to this day.  I remember she was so angry that all of her 'hard work' towards bugs went out the window with that one act. 

I think that you are doing the right thing, keeping a positive attitude towards bugs. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    kagl08kagl08 member

My DD went through this. She still kinda freaks when she sees a bug, but she just tells me to get rid of it. 

DS on the other hand could play with bugs all day. An ant will keep him entertained for 30 minutes or so. I showed him an inch worm and he literally laughed for 10 minutes at it.  

• Options
    imagekagl08:

DS on the other hand could play with bugs all day. An ant will keep him entertained for 30 minutes or so. I showed him an inch worm and he literally laughed for 10 minutes at it.  

This is LBB.  I almost wish he was a little less bug-interested.  I bring him with me to walk the dog while DH is out of town and it takes us forever because we have to stop and watch every ant, beetle, pill bug, and snail.   He loves bees and I'm just thankful he doesn't touch any of the insects.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This all started while we were camping...it was super fun when we went hiking and she freaked out with every step that a "bee" was chasing her, but insisted on holding onto the flowers she picked along the way. I'll keep working on her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"