June 2012 Moms

Yogurt question

For those of you that have fed LO yogurt, how does your LO tolerate it? I've given DS twice and both times his stomach seems upset where he poops right away. I'm wondering if he might be Lacoste intolerant. How does your LO react to yogurt or dairy?

Re: Yogurt question

• DS gets yogurt daily. He's totally fine with it and actually really likes it. No tummy troubles!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagedrbethc:
    I've given DS twice and both times his stomach seems upset where he poops right away.

This used to happen to DD about the first 5 or 6 times she had yogurt. Her poop was very acidic and gave her a terrible rash right when it touched her skin. I asked the Dr and she said because its a heavy and rich new food to them it can take a few tries until their bellies gets the hang of it. I just gave half the container a few times after that and we have no problems now. If the belly aches don't improve even after that I would start thinking lactose intolerance could be an issue.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We've had no problem, and she's been getting it for awhile.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've been giving DS on the weekends for breakfast. He gets Greek yogurt and seems to do fine with it. He's been getting it for a few months now.
  • We've been doing yogurt since around 6 months and he's been fine.  We started with yobaby and now I just buy regular greek yogurt, whatever I eat.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageFutureMrsFezz:
    We've been doing yogurt since around 6 months and he's been fine.  We started with yobaby and now I just buy regular greek yogurt, whatever I eat.

Our pediatrician said not to give the baby greek yogurt as it's too high in protein.  Have you discussed it with your pedi? 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imagejoleine:

imageFutureMrsFezz:
    We've been doing yogurt since around 6 months and he's been fine.  We started with yobaby and now I just buy regular greek yogurt, whatever I eat.

Our pediatrician said not to give the baby greek yogurt as it's too high in protein.  Have you discussed it with your pedi? 

Yep.  I'm good.

• DD has regular whole yogurt mixed with fruit puree (2-3 tablespoons of yogurt + 3 oz of puree). No funny reactions.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • We've been giving DD yogurt since she was about 7.5  months. No reactions. She really likes it. We just give her the plain full fat kind & mix in fresh fruit or purees.

We've also given her kefir, which she likes too. You could try that if you want the benefits of yogurt  without the lactose.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageFutureMrsFezz:
    imagejoleine:

imageFutureMrsFezz:

Yep.  I'm good.

Sorry, I wasn't questioning your choices! That's not what I meant.  I'm just always curious to hear what other pedi's say, if they say anything. :) 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imagejoleine:
    imageFutureMrsFezz:
    imagejoleine:

imageFutureMrsFezz:

Yep.  I'm good.

Sorry, I wasn't questioning your choices! That's not what I meant.  I'm just always curious to hear what other pedi's say, if they say anything. :) 

No worries, I get that.  It's funny how everyone gets different info from peds.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"