VBAC

Pain in lower abdomen

LMMH09LMMH09 member
Have any of you experienced pain in your lower abdomen with your 2nd pregnancy? I went to the dr and they were thinking it was a UTI so they put me on antibiotics but it did not help. I am wondering if it is maybe because of my csection scar from before? I am really hoping for a VBAC but they are concerned about the pain and it causing preterm labor. Hoping you guys have some insight! Thanks!

Re: Pain in lower abdomen

• LMMH09LMMH09 member
    P.S. The reason I stayed on the antibiotics is because my culture came back positive from group B strep but not for a UTI
  • Haha your siggy threw me off, i was thinking MARCH.... how could she be due in March..... then I realized that must be from your 1st preganancy. Well I am 30 weeks with my second and I have been having similar pain but its not constant, it goes away and then comes back for a few days, I am planning to talk to my doc about it tomorrow, and will report back with what she says. I am hoping it is just weird RLP or something like that. I am really hoping for a VBAC too!
    IAmPregnant TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • emecoxemecox member
    yep I have been feeling the same thing (i'm at 29 weeks). It seems to come and go and it aches as if from the downward pressure - and right where I imagine my scar to be. But i can't honestly say if i felt this in my first pregnancy or not. I feel like i might have but I'm just hyper tuned in and paranoid about this particular region this time. I talked to my midwife about it last week and she thought it sounded like RLP. I don't think it is, but I also feel like it could be from so many things - everything just feels mixed up and achy in my whole abdominal region. Keep us posted on what your doctor says!
  • LMMH09LMMH09 member

Thanks for the replies, glad I'm not the only one experiencing it. I just wish I could be more active since I feel like the better shape I'm in the more likely I am to have a successful VBAC.  I will let you know what my doc says when I talk to her again.

And yeah sorry about my siggy, I cant figure out how to fix it!

• Ok ladies I had my appointment yesterday and asked about the pain by my c-section scar, but didnt get the chance to get back on here. My doc said that when you have a c-section they have to cut through many many layers of skin and "stuff" (my words not hers) and that when they heal around the wound sometimes the scar tissue can "stick" together, well then when your uterus starts to grow and stretch the skin and scar tissue that it can cause pain/irritation.

She also said that if it is unbearable or accompanied by bleeding of anykind to go in immediately, but otherwise not worry too much, some just notice more than others.

IAmPregnant TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am going through this exact thing today! I'm so glad you posted this- your reply is kind of what the doctor on call said tonight when I called.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"