New to The Bump
Options

Hello, I am new to The Bump. I am 25 and a newlywed of 8 months. Ever since I was a little girl I knew that I wanted to be a mommy. In fact, I didn't want to go to college because my only goal was to be a SAHM. Well anyways, I ended up going getting a degree and am working full-time. Several years ago I was told by my GYN that I could possibly have PCOS. This was only after having an episode of severe abdominal pain that was later determined (by CT scan) to be from a ruptured ovarian cyst. Nothing was done other than a quick mention that PCOS could be a possibility. Now that I am married and seriously beginning to think about TTC, I transferred to a different OBGYN (have heard very good things about him) and he checked my LH and FSH levels, which were flip flopped in a 3:1 ratio. In the results letter that he sent me he stated that this was most likely indicating PCOS and that he would start out by trying me on Loestrin 24 FE for 5 months and then let me stop and see if we are able to conceive. If that does not work, he suggested Clomid as the next step. Every since getting the results I have been devastated. It doesn't help that all of my close friends are either pregnant or have young children. I want nothing more than to be pregnant, but am just worried that it might not happen for me. I realize that The Bump is for women who are actively TTC, but I'm not at that point yet because we are trying to get things straightened out first with the Loestrin. I would love to hear from anyone who has experienced anything like this or may be able to lead me in the right direction. Thanks in advance! 

Re: Newbie

• Options

Let's back up a bit.

PCOS can't be DX'd via a blood test alone.  In addition to that, the blood work needs to be done on certain cycle days.  I don't think I'd go on BC.

Have you even started TTC at all yet? How are your cycles?  Regular or fairly regular?

DO NOT even entertain the idea of Clomid right now. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks for replying! 

The blood work was drawn on day one of my cycle (just happened to start on the day I scheduled my pap - lucky me!).

No, we have not started TTC.  The plan is to start at our one year anniversary (September) but with what I had been told by the first GYN and even the second, I wanted to start pre-planning. My cycles are very irregular. They have been that way for as long as I can remember. 

No Clomid for now -- got it. :)  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I agree with every word KdgTeacher said. I'm surprised they didn't talk to you about different types of PCOS, and whether metformin may be an option.

PCOS doesn't necessarily = trouble TTC

The Bump also has some trouble TTC boards, including people with PCOS. You'll be able to get good feedback here. Lurk some boards, see what fits, and go from there.

GL

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"