Cloth Diapering
Options

thoughts on Tidy Tots?

I definitely want to use cloth diapers but have no idea where to begin. I saw a brand called Tidy Tots at the NYC Baby Show. Seems like a good idea, but can't find any feedback on this particular system. I'm wondering if anyone has used this brand before, or if anyone familiar with cloth diapers in general can give an opinion on them vs others. 

thank you

Re: thoughts on Tidy Tots?

• Options
    do you mean Tiny tot bots?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi mjosta,

I actually use them.  I started using them last summer on my then 4 month old and 20 month old.  I agree it is really hard when diapers and/or carriers are new to find out about them.

I really like them, actually I haven't used anything but them in the last 4 months or so.  I am not sure what you are using now, but I was using FBs and "g"s most often and the Tidy Tots have been way more absorbent for us, but not at all bulky.  They fit quite a bit better than the FBs, very slim even with the added inserts. 

I wasn't actually thinking of switching diapers, but I have really liked these so much more.  They snap in which is nice because they don't move around after the first pee.  You can add extra inserts too, I usually put two in for my kids' naps.     

HTH

Let me know if you want to know anything specific about them.  Oh, another thing, I hadn't really liked aplx before because my toddler was always pulling her diapers off, I even converted all my g diapers to snaps and got rid of my BGs and other diapers that had aplx, but these are made with real Velcro-she can't get it off;)

• Options
    mjostamjosta member
    imagen710:

Hi mjosta,

I actually use them.  I started using them last summer on my then 4 month old and 20 month old.  I agree it is really hard when diapers and/or carriers are new to find out about them.

I really like them, actually I haven't used anything but them in the last 4 months or so.  I am not sure what you are using now, but I was using FBs and "g"s most often and the Tidy Tots have been way more absorbent for us, but not at all bulky.  They fit quite a bit better than the FBs, very slim even with the added inserts. 

I wasn't actually thinking of switching diapers, but I have really liked these so much more.  They snap in which is nice because they don't move around after the first pee.  You can add extra inserts too, I usually put two in for my kids' naps.     

HTH

Let me know if you want to know anything specific about them.  Oh, another thing, I hadn't really liked aplx before because my toddler was always pulling her diapers off, I even converted all my g diapers to snaps and got rid of my BGs and other diapers that had aplx, but these are made with real Velcro-she can't get it off;)

Thanks! that helps alot. I'm not using anything yet. Still pregnant :) How many do you have?  

• Options

When are you due?  Congrats.

I have about 10 of each of the sizes with extra no folds and inserts/boosters.

So you haven't used any cloth diapers yet?

They also come with a roll of flushies (picture dryer sheets) that velcro on the diaper and when your LO goes #2, you can just pull that off and throw in toilet.  You won't use those too much though until after your baby isn't BFing anymore.  I only put them on the diaper now when I know she is going to #2 ;)  

Other side note why I like them better than pockets is I don't have to pull a dirty insert out of the diaper before throwing them in the wash.  I just throw the whole thing in.  The insert always comes out for me in the wash cycle.  It is definitely worth at least getting a couple to try.  

• Options
    Yeah, I'm side eyeing this post.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Options
    mjostamjosta member

imageInto+the+Kitty:

oh that just made my day! just finished watching the netflix series. hilarious.

• Options
    imageIntotheKitty:

Me too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"