June 2012 Moms
Options

Vacation/ Pool Questions

We're actually planning to take a vacation to the beach this year! (This is monumental as DH lacks the vacation-appreciation gene due to his oversized football-loving-homebody gene.) Anyway, we're trying to book a place with a zero-entry pool and lazy river. I'm just not sure what the recommendations or requirements are for infants and pools. Does anyone have any ideas? We have a life jacket for him, but I would hate for him to be stuck in that hot thing every time we get in the water if there are other safe alternatives. We have an infant float, too. Do you think that would work for the lazy river if it's not too crowded? Also, are there any toys that your kids just love to play with in the water? Just wondering what others have experienced.

Re: Vacation/ Pool Questions

• Options
    My lo has been doing swim classes since 6 months old! She loves to swim and loves to go under water. We went to a place that required a life jacket on kids under a certain height and she was miserable in that thing! It was so bulky and looked uncomfortable. It also obviously prevented her from swimming under water which she was not happy about. As for toys she loves to play with balls and ducks in the water.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options

We've only gone to pool a few times and I just hold DD in the water. She loves it!

What about something like this?:

https://www.aquam.com/2/Catalogs/Retail/Floating+Swimsuit.php

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You will want to call and ask. You also will want to make sure they allow non potty trained kids in the pools. Some places don't. I have seen it several times while on vacation without my kids. Also a lot of places won't allow non-cost guard approved flotation devices which at this age pretty much leaves you with a life jacket.  Some places are fine with infants being held. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagesnicksnack:
    You will want to call and ask. You also will want to make sure they allow non potty trained kids in the pools. Some places don't. I have seen it several times while on vacation without my kids. Also a lot of places won't allow non-cost guard approved flotation devices which at this age pretty much leaves you with a life jacket.  Some places are fine with infants being held. 

I'd also check to see what type of swim diapers they allow.  Some places do not allow the disposable swimming diapers... 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"