Boston Babies

New moms groups/running groups

Hi Everyone,

I'm due with my first child at the end of August.  I'm the first of my core group of friends to have a baby so I'm wondering if people know of good first time moms groups.  I'm also itching to get back in to running as my bladder just couldn't handle it during this pregnancy.  Anyone know of any moms or mom friendly running groups to connect with?  I live on the Medford/Somerville line. Thanks!

Re: New moms groups/running groups

• I don't know about your area exactly but the Isis center near me on the south shore has mom and baby groups and a lot of them are free. I know there are other locations. Also check your local library. They sometimes have them or else for sure can tell you about some they have heard about. Good luck!
    Me:33/DH: 34
    Married: July 28, 2012
    DD: July 29, 2013
    DS: July 1, 2015
    Current EDD: May 15, 2017
  • All Isis centers have new moms group, but they are kind of pricey.

The Freedman Center in Newton offers free new moms group, but you have to sign up (first-come, first-serve).  It may be a bit of a drive for you.  I took it a few months ago and it was very helpful.  

https://www.mspp.edu/community/freedman-center/nbnm.php

My hospital (NWH) offers free BFing support group twice a week on Tue/Thu.  I went there almost weekly during the first couple of months and I made some friends through there.

Also, the JF&CS offers free new moms group as well. I found out about them online, but have no personal experience:

https://www.jfcsboston.org/NewsEvents/ViewArticle/tabid/260/smid/722/ArticleID/58/reftab/285/t/New-Mothers-Support-Groups/Default.aspx

Finally, you can always try looking for groups on Meetup.com.  There are a number of mom groups on Meetup. 

TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I went to my hospital's postpartum support group (mount auburn) and recieved great support and met a lot of Mommy friends. There also used to be a great Somerville New Moms Group that met in the Union Square area. Are you on e Somerville Moms Yahoo group? if you post this there you will get all the details. 
  • Hi!  I'm due with my first in October and I live in Medford, pretty close to Tufts.  Would love to know if you found a group or made any connections.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"