Food Allergy

Naturopaths????

DD has allergies to dairy, soy, egg, wheat, peanuts and tree nuts. We have been seeing the allergist for about 1 1/2 now. I dont love him. There really arent a ton of options around here for other pediatric allergists. Does anyone see a naturopath dr and what is your experience?? TIA!!!!

Re: Naturopaths????

• I saw one for myself. It can be a little pricey, but I found it very helpful. The dr I saw spent a good amount of time with me and gave me suggestions that helped. If I could afford it I would go on a regular basis.
  • I'm seeing a naturopath for all of my food intolerances.  She's been a completely different experience from any medical care I've ever had, and it's amazing.  A naturopath looks at the whole person, physical as well as emotional, instead of focusing on the thing you *think* is the problem.  It's really interesting!  The thing is though, there's nothing she can do to change "true" allergies.  I'll always have to carry an epi-pen and be extremely careful around tree nuts.  But for everything else, even seasonal allergies, I'm seeing big improvements.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I've seen a homeopathic dr for my own food sensitivities and it made a huge difference.  For one it helped me identify that I had food allergies (I didn't know that until I was 26!) and he gave me remedies to help with other things.  I dropped a ton of weight without trying and my asthma and other medical problems pretty much disappeared.  I'm trying to find a good one locally for my LO.  It can be pricey, but I called my insurance and they will cover some of it, but I have to bill my insurance directly and also I had to make sure they were credentialed and licensed in the state. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"