July 2011 Moms

Storybooks

I posted this a few months ago asking what your LO's favourite book is and got some great ideas. Dylan's 2nd birthday is in a couple weeks and I was wondering what some great books are for 2 year olds. He's getting bored of the books he has now. He's over touch and feels now. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Storybooks

• There is an ABC book by Dr. Suess that DD loves. She also still loves her flap books like "where is baby's mommy" and loves Hop on Pop

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our 3 Precious Angels That Left Us Too Soon
    BFP #2-EDD 07/05/13 - Tater and Tot passed at 12w3d. D&C 1/17/13
    BFP #3-EDD 12/19/13 - Peanut passed at 9w1d. D&C 05/31/13

Diagnosed with Hypothyroid 05/20/13 

BFP #4 - 09/22/13 - DD#2 born 05/27/14

All Alers Welcome!

imageimage

• DD loves Hop on Pop too!! "The Shape of Things" by Dr. Seuss is another favorite.

We've borrowed Bathtime for Twins and Playtime for Twins from the library a couple times. She also likes the Alexandra Day books about a dog named Carl, and the Duck and Goose books, which I think are written by somebody with the last name Hill. What she likes to do the most is flip through these really big hardcover story collections. We have 2 Disney ones and a Winnie the Pooh one. They're probably expensive to buy new, but we got them for about $2 each in great condition at a used book store.

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Mr Brown can Moo, can you?  -Dr Seuss

Barnyard Dance- Sandra Boynton

Toes, Ears, Nose- K. Katz

He also likes the "I spy" books.  They are paperback and he loves pointing out objects in them.  He will rip the crap outta them if I don't sit with him with the book, though.

• imagelisamoe:

Mr Brown can Moo, can you?  -Dr Seuss

Barnyard Dance- Sandra Boynton

Toes, Ears, Nose- K. Katz

He also likes the "I spy" books.  They are paperback and he loves pointing out objects in them.  He will rip the crap outta them if I don't sit with him with the book, though.

Lol, I have the first 2 already. I spy books are a good idea :) 
  • Mason also loves his I Spy book, although he refuses to look at any page except the car page. 

He is obsessed with Space Case, but I don't know why. I do love James Marshall books though. If you Google him, you will find that he illustrates everything! https://www.amazon.com/Space-Case-Reading-Rainbow-Book/dp/0140547045/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1370806438&sr=1-1&keywords=space+case

Jack's House is adorable, and it has great illustrations with lots of trucks/vehicles. https://www.amazon.com/dp/0823422429 

Hungry Caterpillar - Eric Carle 

I bought 43 books in one week recently for $9.31 cents. Our library had a book sale where books were 25 cents each, and there was some deal where you bought 4 and got a 5th free. I wish that I had bought even more. It's great having a huge new variety of books to read. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMasonMama:
    Mason also loves his I Spy book, although he refuses to look at any page except the car page.nbsp;He is obsessed with Space Case, but I don't know why. I do love James Marshall books though. If you Google him, you will find that he illustrates everything!nbsp;https://www.amazon.com/SpaceCaseReadingRainbowBook/dp/0140547045/ref=sr_1_1?s=booksamp;ie=UTF8amp;qid=1370806438amp;sr=11amp;keywords=spacecaseJack's House is adorable, and it has great illustrations with lots of trucks/vehicles.nbsp;https://www.amazon.com/dp/0823422429nbsp;Hungry Caterpillar Eric Carlenbsp;I bought 43 books in one week recently for 9.31 cents. Our library had a book sale where books were 25 cents each, and there was some deal where you bought 4 and got a 5th free. I wish that I had bought even more. It's great having a huge new variety of books to read.nbsp;nbsp;

Holy! That's a crazy deal! Thanks for the suggestions!
  • It was a great deal! I mentioned the library sale, but the rest were from an antique/thrift store. It looked like a teacher had emptied out her collection. I got some great books ... I am a sucker for nice illustrations. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • There's this book called first 100 animals. It's not a story, but dd loves it and can go through and point to and name well over half. We just picked up its counter part, first 100 words and she's Pretty into that one too. So cute. For stories she loves Thomas train books right now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"