Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Overnight packing list--help

We are going away tonight for the first time and LO is staying at Grandma's house for the first time.  His bag is bursting...but I'm sure I'm forgetting things. It's just for one night though! 

What am I forgetting?

PJs

diapers

clothes for tomorrow

dinner foods and breakfast foods

sippy cup and spoon 

baby medicine, just in case

sound machine, night light, "going to bed" music

bottle (LO still nurses before bed)

Grandma has a high chair and toys and books and the fun stuff...she will have our car with the car seat.   I'm wondering if I'm forgetting an essential that will make his first night away easier or that Grandma might need?  

Thanks! (over anxious FTM going away overnight for the first time...) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Overnight packing list--help

• I wouldn't worry. As long as you have the basics, I wouldn't stress. Grandma can improvise or run to Target if she has to.

I've also learned to pack light because Grandma's never use half the stuff I send anyways.

Other than the carseat all I pack is clothes diapers and a sippy.

• Not sure if he sleeps in a sleepsack or has a blankie.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ah! Almost forgot the monitor! I knew writing this list would help:)

Thanks for asking about a sleep sack...it's warm enough right now that he's not using one, but thank you for thinking of it! 

• Toothbrush.
  • Is he going to take a bath there?  If so, the bath supplies.
  • Haha I wayyy overpack, too. I'm always grabbing things and stuffing it in, "just in case". We're going to our family cabin this weekend. It's an hour away from the closest grocery store. LO has more stuff packed than my husband and I combined. Add in his cloth diapers (which we aren't using this time but have in the past) and he gets his own big suitcase. I know it's ridiculous but I would rather overpack than underpack!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagewedsept:
    Is he going to take a bath there?  If so, the bath supplies.

Don't overwhelm the poor woman!   ;)  ;)  LOL! 

• imagehopefulmom81:

imagewedsept:
    Is he going to take a bath there?  If so, the bath supplies.

Don't overwhelm the poor woman!   ;)  ;)  LOL! 

LOL. :) For sure. Dump some baking soda in the bathwater and call it good.

I've found all those baby gadgets to be overwhelming to Grandma anyways so they never leave the bag in the first place. My MIL always tells her kids, "I got it. Don't pack so much crap otherwise I have to keep track of it."

Then again I'm pretty simple and a light packer in the first place. Kid will live with whatever spoon grandma has.

• I've stayed overnight with LO in tons of places. I only bring the PNP or travel blow up bed, crib sheet, her baby doll that she sleeps with & blanket. over night diaper and diapers for the next day. double extra clothes since you never know when you need a clothing change. I don't pack food except cheerios, LO eats whatever i eat. I bring a sippy cup for milk and one for water. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"