One & Done: Only child
Options

Allergies?

Anyone here have allergies? (not food related ones).

What about your kids?

I honestly developed allergies 2 years ago, and it sucks!  It so isn't fair to develop them in your 30's, but I guess I'm glad I haven't had them my whole life.  I'm super impacted by cut grass, pollen and rain (so maybe mold?) and I have to take a 2x a day prescription nasal spray or I get post nasal drip.  I get it SO bad that it drips into my throat all night and I wake with a huge "ball" in my throat (I needed steroids once last year because I couldn't swallow)..  who the heck develops allergies this bad out of the blue?  I also have to take allegra-D.   My allergies give me a chronic cough (I get a tickle from the drip) that annoys me to pieces. I also get sinus infections now, for the first time in my life.

My daughter (and husband) also have allergies.  My daughter has similar ones to me- gets post nasal drip and gags a lot.  She's also on a nasal spray.

Ours are especially bad this spring, too.   Anyone else?

E+C
(+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
TTC

Re: Allergies?

• Options

I only take allegra-D when needed, too. I hate it so much, it makes my mouth like COTTON.  And no matter how much water I drink (and I drink over 100oz) my mouth is dry.

My kiddo started developing them last year. I'm happy to have found a semi solution for some of her issues, though.  Last year she got 7 ear infections, doctor believed from post nasal drip and all kinds of mucus and fluids would drip down her ears when allergies were bad.  Started her on nasal spray, and she hasn't had one since.  

Allergies suck.

E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Options
    I have allergies that didn't develop until I was in my 30s too. I take zyrtec daily all year round. If I stop taking it  I start itching after a few days and my nose runs. I have no idea what I'm allergic to either. 

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I randomly developed allergies when I was around 21, or so. The have progressively gotten worse. It sucks. I just had to switch brands of allergy medicine and I am really hoping it helps. Zyrtec helps my sneezing, ect, however my body reacts badly to it and I spend the whole day exhausted. I just started Allegra yesterday.
  • Options

I have had then since I was around 11. The doctors can't seem to pinpoint what exactly I am having a reaction to but I get all the symptoms. I go through tissues so fast I started buying them at Costco.  I have them in just about every room of our house.The sneezing, the stuffiness, the itchiness are terrible.  My husband is blissfully allergy free. I would love to know his secret. Other than allergies I am a pretty healthy person.

My go to med is Sudafed (especially the Pain and Pressure variety). I live in Oregon so I can only buy it with a doctor's prescription. It blows especially when I lived in California and all I needed was an ID.  When we are out of state I try to buy as much as I can.  

Pursing Domestic Infant Adoption through a local agency. In the meantime, our dog is our baby.  Bumping from Portland, Oregon. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"