1st Trimester

Cervix closed and HARD?

I'm talking rock hard! Dh wanted to do it and it just hurt so bad so I checked my cervix and its hard and semi high... Is this good!? Beta redraw Tom I'm either 4w6d lmpor 4w1d pos opk

Re: Cervix closed and HARD?

• That's the way your cervix is supposed to be during pregnancy. Stop touching it!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• imageMommyKristin88:
    That's the way your cervix is supposed to be during pregnancy. Stop touching it!
    nbsp;

Why are so many women on here finding it necessary so do self pelvic exams and poke at their cervix? Stop.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with all of what was already said. You are not a trained medical professional and have no reason to be touching it. Stop it. The next thing you know you're going to irritate it and its going to cause you to spot and you'll be making a post about how freaked out you are. I will say again.. Stop it.
  • imageChancieMark:

Not that I don't agree that she should leave her cervix alone, but lots of when check the position of their cervix as part of TTC charting or NFP.

Just throwing that out there... 

Very true but it sounds like she already got her BFP and is waiting on betas to tell her how far along she is unless I am reading it wrong. But even so, if she thinks shes pregnant, I stand by what I said. What if she accidently scratches her cervix and introduces an infection? Too many what ifs for my liking.

• I have 4 kids and ALWAYS checked my cervix it's MY body and helps when ttc... I have conceived 4xs first try and once the 2nd month all in cervical position and cm... I was just asking because I have never had it this hard before and ovbiously I washed my hands properly and my nails are cut short I was just asking if anyone else had the same and maybe had an extremely large ovarian cyst or something... I have had large cysts with all of my previous preg so I'm thinking that maybe the issue. My dr knows I check and I will discuss with him Tom after my results...
  • imagejuleskeim:

imageMamaHollywood27:
    I have 4 kids and ALWAYS checked my cervix it's MY body and helps when ttc... I have conceived 4xs first try and once the 2nd month all in cervical position and cm... I was just asking because I have never had it this hard before and ovbiously I washed my hands properly and my nails are cut short I was just asking if anyone else had the same and maybe had an extremely large ovarian cyst or something... I have had large cysts with all of my previous preg so I'm thinking that maybe the issue. My dr knows I check and I will discuss with him Tom after my results...

I would wait until tomorrow and have your doctor check you out, just to be safe.  Probably no need for you to check it out now that you are pregnant, but that's just me.  Good Luck! 

• imagemalamutemommy:
    imageMommyKristin88:
    That's the way your cervix is supposed to be during pregnancy. Stop touching it!
    nbsp;

Why are so many women on here finding it necessary so do self pelvic exams and poke at their cervix? Stop.

I was just wondering if I was weird because I hadn't been feeling all up on my cervix. I've seen so many people asking questions about their cervix feeling one way or another.
  • kb3llkb3ll member
    imageMommyKristin88:

this! 

pregnancy calendar
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Painful sex can be caused by more than just a "hard" cervix. Leave it alone. 
  • imagejuleskeim:

imageMamaHollywood27:
    I have 4 kids and ALWAYS checked my cervix it's MY body and helps when ttc... I have conceived 4xs first try and once the 2nd month all in cervical position and cm... I was just asking because I have never had it this hard before and ovbiously I washed my hands properly and my nails are cut short I was just asking if anyone else had the same and maybe had an extremely large ovarian cyst or something... I have had large cysts with all of my previous preg so I'm thinking that maybe the issue. My dr knows I check and I will discuss with him Tom after my results...

I would wait until tomorrow and have your doctor check you out, just to be safe.  Probably no need for you to check it out now that you are pregnant, but that's just me.  Good Luck! 

Thank you for your input, I feel like some of the responses I was being scolded or yelled "Stop it" and while I understand everyone's point this is my 5th pregnancy so I know what's "normal" for me and what's not... Going in for bloods and to talk w doc, sent an email and got one back that he will probably do a quick exam to make sure things are "all good" thanks
  • imageMamaHollywood27:
    imagejuleskeim:

imageMamaHollywood27:

Thank you for your input, I feel like some of the responses I was being scolded or yelled "Stop it" and while I understand everyone's point this is my 5th pregnancy so I know what's "normal" for me and what's not... Going in for bloods and to talk w doc, sent an email and got one back that he will probably do a quick exam to make sure things are "all good" thanks

So why did you post this thread!??!?!?!!? Cervical checks are definitely normal when TTC. Being pregnant 4 previous times, you should know that it's not necessary during pregnancy.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• I just got out if my apt... I have a VERY large CL cyst about the size of a cutie orange so that's actually what I was feeling.. Theyvare going to monitor it in a few weeks and hopefully i can see bubs heartbeat : Why are people being so shitty to me!? This is a thread to post questions and experiences...I have read a few other posts were women are being "attacked" for what they ask or say.... It's really not nice to be so rude!
  • And I would assume that if it was not normal or ok my doctor would say so... Thanks anyways ladies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"