June 2012 Moms
Options

maybe there is hope?

DD is not a sleeper and has never been. She started napping in my arms after nursing, I moved her to the crib, she woke up. I patted her butt for a few minutes and she is asleep!

Maybe we are turning a corner?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: maybe there is hope?

• Options
    Hope so! Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I dont want to jinx myself... but this just started happening for us too. DD has STTN for almost 2 weeks and is napping in her crib. Maybe this is just the age it kind of comes together with some babies? Fingers crossed this is it! Good luck!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It has been an hour and still going woo-hoo!
  • Options
    Yayyy! DS just started napping in his crib on weekends about a month ago. It's glorious how much I can do around the house now that he is doing this. Good luck and hope she continues!
  • Options
    imageacbfreire:
    It has been an hour and still going woohoo!

That's great! : ]
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That's great! I need to try that with DS..
  • Options
    DS had his first full day at daycare today, which meant his first nap, too. I usally pick him up right as he's finishing lunch and bring him home to nap on me, or I drop him off as soon as he wakes up from his nap.

Our DCP got him to a nap for an hour and a half, and b without nursing [obviously] or a bottle.

She is wonder woman. She has 4 other kids there and I know she doesn't leave him to cry. She said she was up and up the stairs for about 15minutes rubbing his back and patting his bum, then he just fell asleep no problem. What the heck! It takes me longer to nurse DS to sleep! Hahahaha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It does seem like things are getting easier with sleep.  Not so much STTN.  We are not even close to that but today I also realized how much things have changed. DS was tired and fussy around 10am so I but him in his crib sitting up handed him a blanket, kissed him on the check and left the room.  He cried for about 10 seconds, talked to himself happily for a few minutes and feel asleep hugging his blanket. We've been doing this for a few weeks for naps and bedtime and its getting easier and easier.  We used to have to go back in over and over again to comfort him but now that's maybe once a week.  A month ago if you told me I'd be doing this I would have laughed you of the room.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagebunnyfungo:
    DD has always been a terrible sleeper. She still wakes up 2-3x per night and hates napping. I've learned that she does much better on her stomach than on her back though. I think some babies just don't want to sleep. My mom says it's because she's so smart Wink so we must just have genius babies lol 

Of course they are geniuses! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"