June 2012 Moms
Options

Changing the rules?

I'm curious if there is anything that you're going to start doing differently now that (or when) your LO is a year old. I know there are the common things like starting WCM and raising restrictions on peanut butter, eggs, and honey, but is there anything else that's just a "you" thing? In other words, what have you been holding out on until that first birthday?

For us, I've been pretty particular about not letting DS have white sugar and flour except on the odd occasion. (I caved and let him have Grandma's delicious biscuits and gravy when we visited in April.)  I've also never been away from him overnight. My parents keep asking if I will let them keep him for a week "when he's old enough." Sure, Mom...when he's 18. haha

Re: Changing the rules?

• Options
    DS had his first taste of refined sugars on his birthday (birthday cake).. I was holding off getting him in the ocean, swimming lessons and shoes.
  • Options

imagedrbethc:
    DS had his first taste of refined sugars on his birthday (birthday cake).. I was holding off getting him in the ocean, swimming lessons and shoes.

We recently lifted the ban on toys in the crib and I just put DD down with a blankie. She will be one next week. 

I am also holding off on refined sugars and WCM until next week. But she is getting a smash cake to devour/ destroy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hubby with let her play on his Ipad once she turns 1 LOL... He's downloaded some apps for her.  We also waited until now to start swim lessons.  Those are the only changes :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageunaveragejane:
    I've also never been away from him overnight. My parents keep asking if I will let them keep him for a week "when he's old enough." Sure, Mom...when he's 18. haha

This is us too! Every weekend my MIL asks when she can keep him for the weekend. I'm not ready! Stop pushing lady! Haha
    Me 31 / DH 30
    DS born 6/12/12

My little superhero
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC #2 started Oct 2013
    BFP #1 10/30/13 - m/c 01/02/14 @ 9 wks
    TTC #2 resumed Mar 2014
    BFP #2 8/17/14 - EDD 04/26/15 - it's a girl!!

April 15 Jan siggy challenge - workout fails

• Options
    We're going to start being more firm with telling her no and not letting her get away with throwing fits to get what she wants when she can't have it. I've been giving her peanut butter and eggs for a couple of months already per pedi instructions.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"