March 2013 Moms
Options

UO Thursday

2»

Re: UO Thursday

• Options
    imagetmsgrl:
    My UO is that only women who feel bad about not breastfeeding scour the internet trying to find articles that say breastfeeding is bad.nbsp; My other UO is that formula is evil.nbsp; It will make your babies fat and less intelligent.nbsp; Also, women who don't even try to breastfeed are IMO lazy and self centered....oh and less intelligent.

Actually, the reason women who are unable to BF, due to medical reasons or supply issues or whatever scour the internet looking for confirmation that FF isn't a bad thing do so because people make these kinds of comments to make them feel bad.

None of the articles said that BF is bad, btw. No one is going to argue that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    imagetmsgrl:
    My UO is that only women who feel bad about not breastfeeding scour the internet trying to find articles that say breastfeeding is bad.nbsp; My other UO is that formula is evil.nbsp; It will make your babies fat and less intelligent.nbsp; Also, women who don't even try to breastfeed are IMO lazy and self centered....oh and less intelligent.

Your comment leads me to then believe you must have been formula fed.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You are correct and my mother also smoked while she was pregnant with me. 
  • Options

imagetmsgrl:
    My UO is that only women who feel bad about not breastfeeding scour the internet trying to find articles that say breastfeeding is bad.  My other UO is that formula is evil.  It will make your babies fat and less intelligent.  Also, women who don't even try to breastfeed are IMO lazy and self centered....oh and less intelligent.

what about those who adopt?

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrsG071809:

imagevmihelci:
    Breastfeeding really isn't that big of a deal. There are just as many studies proving that the benefits are next to none as there are claiming that breast milk is some sort of miracle drug for babies. It drives me absolutely insane that everyone assumes you should breastfeed. Formula is just fine!

My UO is that I think this statement is insane.  I don't disagree that formula fed babies will turn out just fine (I'm one!), and I agree that there is way too much judgement around the topic.  However, you can't possibly say that the benefits of breastfeeding are next to none.  Obviously, if your body naturally makes food specifically for your child to survive, it's going to be better than something artificial.    

And I think assuming you should breastfeed is a good thing...I understand that it doesn't work for everyone, and don't think anyone should be made to feel inferior if that is the case, but I don't think there's any reason not to try.

Visiting from April board and I totally agree.

Also totally jealous at how active the March board is! This is where all the fun seems to be at! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageSmoothieQueen:

imagetmsgrl:
    My UO is that only women who feel bad about not breastfeeding scour the internet trying to find articles that say breastfeeding is bad.  My other UO is that formula is evil.  It will make your babies fat and less intelligent.  Also, women who don't even try to breastfeed are IMO lazy and self centered....oh and less intelligent.

PBI - adoptive mothers can actually breastfeed if they choose to via induced lactation. For some reason I can't post a link from my phone but if you google adoptive mothers breastfeeding it's pretty neat! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagetmsgrl:
    You are correct and my mother also smoked while she was pregnant with me.nbsp;

This thread took a turn for the crazy! Hahaha.
  • Options
    imageSmartie26:
    imageSmoothieQueen:

imagetmsgrl:

PBI - adoptive mothers can actually breastfeed if they choose to via induced lactation. For some reason I can't post a link from my phone but if you google adoptive mothers breastfeeding it's pretty neat! 

crazyness!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Touching on the pot vs alcohol thing, my UO is that I think both are lame. It's really not that hard to get through each day with a clear head. I don't really understand why people need to dull their experiences in life.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"