Military Families
Options

Tricare prime breast pumps

Does anyone know if tricare prime covers breast pumps?? Thanks in advance!

Re: Tricare prime breast pumps

• Options
    Thanks for your help!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yeah, unless there is a medical need, you are SOL.

However, most military families qualify for WIC (Women, Infant and Children) and they help out with pumps sometimes, especially if you are going back to work or school.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Some bases loan out pumps. At McConnell AFB, the program was run through Family Advocacy in Mental Health. Ask around to find out if your MTF has such a program.
    Hilary
    imageimage
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you are delivering at the base hospital I would ask if they have a pump you can check out. The base I delivered at let me borrow a hospital grade medela pump for as long as I needed it. Not every base does this but it doesn't hurt to ask!
  • Options
    imageBabyCampbell312:

However, most military families qualify for WIC (Women, Infant and Children) and they help out with pumps sometimes, especially if you are going back to work or school.

Not true at all.  Most military families I know do not qualify for WIC.  Especially if both spouses work.

• Options
    imageChargersgrl33:
    imageBabyCampbell312:

Not true at all.  Most military families I know do not qualify for WIC.  Especially if both spouses work.

This is true for us as well.  We don't qualify I'm a SAHM.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

Well then I guess because a few people here did not qualify then I guess we should say that most military families do not qualify either.

A good friend of mine works for a WIC office here in CA and says that a ton of military families have no idea that they even qualify. They assume they make to much just from looking at the initial information.  WIC does not include/count your BAH towards the income. If one still does not qualify, lucky you, there is a program that will reimburse you if you do not qualify for WIC because you make too much. (Can't remember the name of it, but if I find the link I will gladly post for those who do not qualify.)  

• Options
    imageBabyCampbell312:

Well then I guess because a few people here did not qualify then I guess we should say that most military families do not qualify either.

A good friend of mine works for a WIC office here in CA and says that a ton of military families have no idea that they even qualify. They assume they make to much just from looking at the initial information.  WIC does not include/count your BAH towards the income. If one still does not qualify, lucky you, there is a program that will reimburse you if you do not qualify for WIC because you make too much. (Can't remember the name of it, but if I find the link I will gladly post for those who do not qualify.)  

Most people who qualify are e-5 and belowe and even some of them still don't qualify depending on how long you have been in and how many kids you have. My hubby is an e-6 and and we have 1 child, we make over $200 more than WIC allows AND I am a SAHM so this is just based off of 1 income. I would need to be pregnant again and for my husband to not make e-7 to qualify. Don't be so quick to assume we don't know if we qualify or not. 

• Options
    Thank you. I am an Army wife and all of this is new to me. I'm so clueless as to what is available to me or what I'm supposed to do. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"