Maryland Babies

Daycare in Perry Hall/White Marsh

Hi, folks!

I'm currently searching for a good infant daycare in the Perry Hall/White Marsh area.  

Can anyone offer recommendations of places to check out or places to avoid?

Thanks!

Re: Daycare in Perry Hall/White Marsh

• Check out the Maryland Family Network site. Here you can search in-home providers in your area. Also check the inspection reports on all licensed providers in MD, by using this website.

Good luck with your search. 

• My sister sends her kids to the Young School in White Marsh and LOVES it. We go to a different Young School in Howard County, and are very happy there too. Their curriculum and philosphies are amazing, especially for babies. They don't do sippy cups, so they teach them to drink from a cup, they don't have any big furniture in the room, so teachers can sit on the floor with the babies, no high chairs or bouncy seats, or anything like that. It's all about the kids and having things on their levels and helping them learn what they're interested in. There are 3 kids for every 1 teacher, and there are 2 teachers to a room, so essentially 6 kids in a room. Within each room they're all right around the same age (DD's class is Septeber to December 2012 babies) and they'll move from the infant room to the todfant room to the toddler room together (same 6 kids and 2 teachers) till they're 2 and then they're put in a special 2 year old room. They're great with transitions too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have my son in Celebree in Perry Hall (belair rd) and am removing him. They are always getting hurt, teachers turnover a lot, and it just isn't organized. We are actually touring 4 places later today. Young school has a long wait and I hear mixed reviews. 
    Karen BabyFruit Ticker
  • We use Infants N More in Kingsville and love it! It's a smaller center and the staff is great! Would highly recommend it.
  • I have been using White Marsh Child Care for almost 5 years and love it. the teachers are great, curriculum completely appropriate for each age level, and they just got Maryland State accreditation. FYI- Day cares are required to have a 3 to 1 ratio until the kids are 2, so all places should have that.  I toured many when I was looking and my best suggestion is go with your gut feeling & talk to some parents that have children who go there, even if you stop them in the parking lot. Good luck!
  • I second the recoomedation for White Marsh Childcare, I have my 2 year old and my 3 month old enrolled.  The staff is wonderful and both of my girls are thriving!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"