July 2013 Moms

Cats and breast milk

So my husbands cat, I'm not a cat person, has an obsession with my nipples. I seriously wake up to her licking or rubbing them three to six times a night... Yes I do leak already but as long as a wear a tank top it's enough pressure to prevent any Let down. So I googled this and got some yeses and more about cats suffocating babies. I thought I'd poll you all here, is this cat seriously attracted to breast milk? Or is she trying to tell us something is wrong with her and we're not understanding her? Cause she might end up as a cat beard if she keeps this up.

Re: Cats and breast milk

• What's a cat beard?
  • And that is seriously weird.  I wouldn't let that cat in my room at night if it was messing with my nipples, just saying.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageAsbromle:
    What's a cat beard?

imageAsbromle:
    And that is seriously weird.  I wouldn't let that cat in my room at night if it was messing with my nipples, just saying.

Hahahaha, all of this. I didn't sleep at all last night and this made me laugh so hard I can't stop.

• Well since you don't have breastmilk yet (colostrum is different and that's what you're leaking) I'm thinking there's no way to know if your cat is obsessed with BM. Your cat sounds weird though. I never had any issues with any of the our three cats while I was BFing DD. I BF until 18 months. They avoided my daughter like the plague and still kind of do and she's two. I never had and still don't have an issue with them going in the nursery. So I would wait and see what your cat does when the baby gets here. Babies are kind of spastic. They jump and flail unexpectedly and cats don't like that. Sudden movements and all that stuff.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Hahahahaha seriously.  I think this post should also win an award, like the puking vag post from last night.
  • imageAsbromle:
    Hahahahaha seriously.  I think this post should also win an award, like the puking vag post from last night.

Um, say what now? I think I need to see this.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • imagemeimsx:

imageAsbromle:
    Hahahahaha seriously.  I think this post should also win an award, like the puking vag post from last night.

Um, say what now? I think I need to see this.

The nauseous vagina post...it's a few posts down:)

• A cat obsessed with nipples? This board is getting weirder and weirder. 

If my cat or dogs were doing that I would be letting them have it. I don't even like my dogs to lick me...anywhere!!!

This can't be for real... 

• bahahaha. This is awesome. 
    My cat is sitting next to me on the couch.....I'm questioning her intentions now. 

OP, I have two cats, they have showed no interest in my leakage. Your cat might be trying to tell you something? I don't know, this is just weird. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • If this is for real...  Our cat tried this when we first got him and he was 5 weeks old so he tried to nurse on anything that remotely looked like a nipple.  He's much older now though.  Never had an issue with last pregnancy other than him being nicer to me and more protective.  Cats are super sensitive to new smells.  If you are using a new lotion on your chest it could be that.  Mine LOVES the coconut oil I've been using and tries anything to lick my belly after I use it.  As for the baby I wouldn't stress.  The closest ours ever came to suffocating firstborn as sleeping UNDER his crib when he napped, but that took close to a year.  Our cat only in the past year started letting our son (4 yrs old at the time) touch him.  Babies are too spastic for most cats! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I KNOW it's weird! Idk what her problem is!!! I'm going to crate her at night like a dog! It's disgusting, at least if my vagina was going to vomit I could call the OB!! I'm reduced to asking the board and admitting that I'm the victim of breast molestation! Lol, I'm laughing but I'm seriously pissed at this cat!!
  • This has to be MUD. /sips coffee

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Do you sleep topless?

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Wait..Am I being punk'd?

Where's Ashton?

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Is this real life?

On a gross related (somewhat) note, ds1 had horrible reflux. It turned out he had mspi, but before I fixed it by cutting out milk and soy from my diet he would projectile spit up 40 to 50 times a day. Our dachshund would be on vomit clean up duty. He literally gained 1.5 pounds because of it. That's a lot of weight when you only weigh 17 pounds to begin with! But if that dog came near my nipples, I'd give him the what-for.

Mom to Jacob, Henry and Ian Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I still want to know what a cat beard is.
  • I sleep in a genie bra, tank top and shorts... My cat is 14 years old. I'm so not making this up but if I was at least I received an award for my troubles. Thank you, I couldn't have sunk this low without the help of my husbands idiot cat and it's disgusting obsession. I am not proud in this moment
  • imagemaryannespier:
    imageAsbromle:
    I still want to know what a cat beard is.
    photo catbeard_zpsbc72da43.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHA.  So funny, thanks!

• imagemaryannespier:
    imageAsbromle:
    I still want to know what a cat beard is.
    photo catbeard_zpsbc72da43.jpg

Haahhahaaa. Actual tears pouring down my face. 

I need a nap, I can't handle TB right now.  LOL

• atlvolatlvol member
    OMG, I am laughing so hard at my desk right now.  My coworkers probably think I am nuts!  
  • imageMrsErinH:

imagePrimRoseMama:
    This has to be MUD. /sips coffee

I'm thinking the same thing...

what's MUD? And this is odd and hilarious. You need to lock your cat out of the room. That's what I did for myself and DS. They are good cats, but they are still animals. You have to just play it safe.
    Anniversary

• Is the board going to be like this for the next month?
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• imagemrschristinalou:
    imageMrsErinH:

imagePrimRoseMama:

what's MUD? And this is odd and hilarious. You need to lock your cat out of the room. That's what I did for myself and DS. They are good cats, but they are still animals. You have to just play it safe.

It stands for Made Up Drama

• imageLiz4444:
    Is the board going to be like this for the next month?

It has been strange!  I'm curious what the next random topic is going to be.   

• I'm going to assume this is a serious question and give you a serious answer, although I am loving all the other replies :D

I had a cat after I had DS1 who would always come sniffing around when I was breastfeeding. She never got that close because, quite frankly, I was awake and wouldn't let her. She made sure to steer clear of DS, too.

I think the whole cats suffocating babies thing is an OWT. However, you need to be sure that you are using common sense to keep your LO safe from any pet related accidents. Never leave the cat and your baby alone together. If the baby will be room sharing with you and your H, do not allow her in the room at night. It may be a good idea to start keeping her out if the room now, so she has time to adjust before LO arrives. That will help with the nipple licking, anyway.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagevalstulas:
    I'm going to assume this is a serious question and give you a serious answer, although I am loving all the other replies :D I had a cat after I had DS1 who would always come sniffing around when I was breastfeeding. She never got that close because, quite frankly, I was awake and wouldn't let her. She made sure to steer clear of DS, too. I think the whole cats suffocating babies thing is an OWT. However, you need to be sure that you are using common sense to keep your LO safe from any pet related accidents. Never leave the cat and your baby alone together. If the baby will be room sharing with you and your H, do not allow her in the room at night. It may be a good idea to start keeping her out if the room now, so she has time to adjust before LO arrives. That will help with the nipple licking, anyway.

That part was funny.

• imageAsbromle:

I was just thinking this! Weird posts lately!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imageJasmineeelizabeth:
    imagemrschristinalou:
    imageMrsErinH:

imagePrimRoseMama:

It stands for Made Up Drama

thank you!!
    Anniversary

• imageMrsErinH:

imageLiz4444:
    Is the board going to be like this for the next month?

LOL I was wondering the same thing!  Apparently the last month of pregnancy = crazy cakes time?! 

I don't remember it happening on Oct 11, but it's amusing so keep it up ladies!!! 

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"